Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Diamond's picture to the side *

Promise's P.O.V

I looked at the reflection in my mirror and just looked at myself as I just picked my cheeks. Not that I'm conceited, but when boredom hits I decide to just sit here and think. I'm Promise , daughter of the biggest drug lord's out in the game right now. I call him daddy. His ex wife, which I still call mama, calls him Carter. And his workers, including my brother, calls him Spank.

I'm 17 turning 18 in February. I'm 5'0 , brown skin, slim everywhere, but thick from behind. I'm Dominican and black. I have a little hispanic in me but most of my black side shows.

"Promise !" My dad yelled from downstairs interrupting my thoughts. I quickly got up from my pink rolling chair and opened my door to answer him.

"Yes daddy!" I yelled back but trying not to wake up my brother ole big head ass. "Come here , I got the money for you!" he said and I went downstairs happy as hell I'm going shopping today.

Another thing about my dad, he spoils the fuck outta me. He could care less about money because he got money to blow. Me and my brother are the only things he has left. My mom left him a couple years back for another nigga who was filthy rich, he ain't know what to do so he continued on with his dope boy ambition by selling drugs cause he was so depressed cause he was in love with her. I don't blame him, my mother is gorgeous.

Now my dad is as rich as the nigga my mom is with but she doesn't want him back because she think it's dangerous to be involved with a drug lord. My mom kinda resembled Gabrielle Union, she was absolutely beautiful. My sister left too when she was 16 because she got knocked up by a dope boy and my dad kicked her out. My dad is really strict. I visit her though from time to time. She's 22 right now. Ever since then he stays extra protective of me and my older brother. He spoils us so we don't go nowhere and he makes my brother work with him in the streets. He does all this so we could get extra money but he keeps me out of the streets because he doesn't want me to get involved with the whole gang business.

"Thank you dad" I said taking the money from him and kissing him on the cheek "Your welcome sweetie, you did your homework yet?" he asked as I placed the money in my wallet. "Yes sir" I said placing it in my pocket. "You ate ?" he asked and I nodded my head yes. "You cleaned your room?" he asked and I rolled my eyes and smiled. I swear, It's always 21 questions with this guy. "Yes daddy I did everything , can I go to the mall with Diamond now ?" I asked with my lips pouted out.

Diamond is my best friend since 6th grade year. She a true baddie. She's Puerto Rican, 5'2, she's slim but a bit thicker than me, with a booty. That's my girl , we've been through everything together, can't no one replace her.

My dad smiled and nodded his head "Go ahead but don't stay out too late" he said pointing his finger, making me chuckle.

"Alright, I promise" I said touching his shoulder then went upstairs to go freshen up and change.

My brother Trey came into the room , to bother me like always.

"Hey peanut head" he said flopping himself on my bed. I smacked my lips."Dammit Trey" I said as I was straightnening my hair. "Girl you know you love my presence, why you fronting boo?" he said in his ghetto girl voice and his lips puckered out. I laughed. Trey a fool. "You ain't cute" I said still laughing. He just rolled his eyes. "Whatever boo" he said flipping through some magazines.

Finally after 30 minutes of Trey bugging me, he left the room and I threw on my Toro's , high waisted jeans, and a cropped red shirt and left my hair straight and down. I looked at my full body mirror and took a picture. I put it up on Instagram. 'Out with boo

"Dad can I borrow the Ferrari ?" I asked when I was in the kitchen "For what? just use the Toyota" he said and I looked at him crazy "Dad" I said and he rolled his eyes and threw the keys to me "See? this wont be happening no more once I get my own car for my 18th birthday" I said smiling and batting my eyes and he laughed "Yea whatever, just take care of my baby" he said and I rolled my eyes "Alright dad love you" I said walking towards the door. "Love you too" he said and I left and went to go pick up Diamond.

***

When we arrived at the mall , we picked out a couple things for the get together the Seniors are having this weekend. It's funna be turnt up as hell. The Seniors do this every year and I've been waiting for this since I was a Freshman. We were already tired from walking so after a few stores we decided to sit at the food court for a bit.

"So what you funna wear to the get together?" Diamond asked as she was getting ready to grub down on her food. Fat ass.

"I don't know yet" I said chewing down my chinese food. "Girl , you got to look extra cute cause your man funna be there" she said referring to my crush and causing me to blush. "He not my man D" I said laughing. She was talking about Ke'Shawn, this guy that goes to our school. I've been crushing on him since freshman year. I remember back in Freshman year I used to be the nerdy girl with the glasses and my hair always tied into a ponytail. I barely had the body I have now and I was really shy. I've grown out of that of course. Ke'Shawn never really paid me no mind though and I've just always had this big ass crush on him.

"Girl you have been crushing on him for the longest, this year is the year for you to get your man" she said causing me to laugh. "I got rid of the ponytail, I got rid of the glasses, and I've grown a booty, what else is there for a girl to do?" I asked "Stop being shy and go up to the nigga" she said and I shook my head "Girl , Ke'Shawn is too fine for that, it's not that easy" I said and she chuckled "Girl that's the same thing I did with your brother" she said. I laughed at the thought. Diamond steady trying to hook up with my brother. "Yeah and that's why he thinks you a crazy Rican" I said laughing and she smacked her lips.

"Man whatever, your brother need to stop tripping and admit he has a thing for me" she said snarling her lips up. I shook my head and smiled. "It wouldn't even matter though, Ke'Shawn has a girlfriend D" I reminded her as I picked at my food. She shook her shoulders "So? That ugly ass bitch? pshh she ain't shit, girl you is a baddie, and what Ke' Shawn needs is a smart beautiful girl, not a dumb ass skank" she said causing me to crack up. Diamond does not like Ke'Shawn girlfriend for nothing. Ever since she stole her boyfriend back in 10th grade. I thought it was too funny.

***

After the mall we went straight to my house and chilled. Diamond only wanted to come over because she knew my brother Trey was funna be there, mhm she think she slick. I thought.

"Hey Mr.Carter " Diamond said coming into my house "Hey Diamond" he said while reading his newspaper "Shine bright like a Diaaamonnnd" Trey sang and she blushed. As if it wasnt the first time -.- "Hey Trey" she said and I snapped her out of her thoughts and Trey laughed "Girl just chill" I said laughing and she rolled her eyes and laughed and we went upstairs.

"Girl did you hear the way he sang my name , lawd Jesus he is so fine" she said as she laid on my bed "Girl you crazy , he didn't even sing, he was just playing around" I said and she sucked her teeth "Man whatever, even when he plays around he sounds sexy as hell" she said making me chuckle. We sat in front of my closet and we were choosing out what I was funna wear. After that we watched t.v , listened to music , and reading books. Thats just how we is when were together when she's not babbling on about my brother -.-

After 7:OO , Diamond left, and I laid on my bed texting. I was bored as hell so I decided to go on my laptop and go on Facebook. Shit, I havent been on this in ages. I scrolled down and all I saw was people posting statuses about the get together this weekend. As I kept scrolling down I saw a status from "Dat Nigga Ke'Shawn" saying "Me and my niggas funna make that shit fye, and I just might be going single #Ohfuckingwell". He was referring to the get together this weekend. I felt a smile come across my face. But what's the point ? He probably dont even know I exist. I've been trying to get his attention since I was known as the four eyed girl. But the four eyed girl grown up and their's still no hope into me getting Ke'Shawn.