Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Promise POV

I walked out to the counter to look through a couple papers. It was awkward as hell that Tania was right behind me. I could tell she was studying me. It was an awkward silence between us.

"Look Promise. I did not come into this job to cause any problems. I hope you dont see me as a threat while I'm here" she stated. I paused for a second then continued on going through the papers. "Honey. You won't ever be a threat to me. Let's keep that in mind" I scoffed at her. "Yea I know. I meant I dont want you thinking that I'm here to ruin you and Keshawn. I know Keshawn and I have been with each other for two years ---" I cut her off by raising my index finger.  "Keshawn is with me now, so respect that. Why are you even here? You don't come to school but you pop up out of nowhere in my job. What the hell are you up to?" I asked as I stared at her.

She hesitated for a second but finally spoke. She sighed. "Im pregnant" she finally managed to get out. I stood there in shock. She did look like she was getting fat though. "Bye who?" I asked in hopes that it wasn't my man. "Dont worry. It's not Keshawn". She said making me sigh in relief. "I actually don't know who's the daddy. After Keshawn I stopped having sex I never played it safe with the guys I slept with. Never use the pull out method". She said making me chuckle. "Girl I wouldn't even try. I don't need a baby Keshawn running around my house just yet" I said making us both chuckle.

She stopped then looked at me and smiled. "Your cool people geek. I wish you and Keshawn well" she said. Geek is what she used to call me back in middle school and early high school year. I could probably warm up to her. Only cause she pregnant and I don't want to whoop her ass with a human inside her.

Regina POV

Few hours later ♥

"He got older but never grew

For his life he can't tell the truth

How to love he can't tell the truth

Playing games like he'll never lose you"

I sang along to Pandora through my iPod. Im staying in a beautiful hotel, miles and miles away from Spank's house. Until I can get a plane back to Brooklyn.

Moving back into the house was the worst mistake. Don't get me wrong I love being with Trey and Promise but I should've known what Spank was going to put me through. Im tired of all the games he played. As much as I try I could never get through to him. You really can't raise a man.

I reached out to Trey today and told him everything that happened. He was real disappointed and upset but he had an understanding. As for Promise , I tried reaching out to her a couple times but I couldn't. Her phone always went straight to I voicemail. I don't blame her for being upset at all. My own father walked out on me and my mom when I was little. He wasn't very supportive with our family. Only financially but never physically. It broke my heart.

I guess you can say Spank reminds me a lot of my father.  I love him but he always screws up.

It's been a long day so I just decided to take a shower.  I threw my work clothes on the bed then went into the shower.

I stayed in for about 15 minutes then stepped out. I brushed my teeth and all that extra hygiene stuff. I wrapped my hair and body with a towel then stepped out the bathroom as I hummed the beat to 'Partition' by Beyonce.

I grabbed a pair of sweats and a tank from the closet. I threw the towel that was wrapped on my head in the closet. I then looked up at the mirror to rub some foundation on my face and was shocked to see who I saw in the mirror sitting on the bed.