Chapter 29

Promise POV

I laughed at Trey as he kept trying to catch the popcorn chicken in his mouth in the air. His dumb ass.

Right now, Diamond and I was full. I had about 3 plates of food and 4 slices of pizza.

Trey's ass was still going and he was on his sixth plate. We was a family full of fat asses.

"So Promise, how's the family?" Trey asked as he wiped his face with a napkin.

I sighed.

"A lot, mom and dad has been trying to work things out. Mom found a new job and dad is still trying to keep his business up" I said

"Yeah he told me about the business having some trouble" he said

"Speaking of your dad's business, when the hell you funna tell me what's going on?" Diamond said.

I did owe her a lot of explanation. For the past few weeks I've been ditching her and Jaquan so Keshawn and I can help Honest out.

"Here's what happened" I said then told them the whole story from beginning to end.

"Dammmmnnmn daddy" Trey said

"Damn daddy for real, why would your dad try to kill your own fam?" Diamond asked and I just rolled my eyes and shrugged.

I didn't even know.  My dad has been on some other shit lately.

If he finds about that tape then that's Honest's ass and Keshawn's.

After the buffet, Trey went back to his hotel to get his stuff to come back home.

Diamond and I went inside my car so I could drop her off. I don't know why, her ass was funna come right back to my house.

She was all in the car babbling on about her love triangle with Trey and Jaquan.

I was actually listening unti I remembered about the missed phone call from Keshawn.

When I looked at my phone, I had about 30 of them from him and he texted me 5 times telling me to call him asap.

My heart dropped to my stomach. I'm praying that nothing happened to my baby.

I called and it went straight to voicemail.

"Oh my god" I said under my breath but Diamond still heard.

"What's wrong sis?" She asked.

I called again and still no pick up.

"We gotta go back to my house" I said making a u-turn.

I went into my house and Diamond followed behind me as I ran inside.

My mom was in the living room yelling on the phone as she watched the t.v.

"Spank please tell me you didn't do this bull shit!" She yelled as she sobbed.

And all I heard was my dad yelling from the phone as she continued to cry.

"Momma, what's going on?" I asked when I went into the living room.

"Promise not now, you don't want to hear it" she said

"Spank bring your ass here! And tell me what the fuck you did!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the phone.

"Daddy come home now" I demanded then hung up.

My mom just held her head.

"Momma tell me what's going on, I'm tired of all these secrets" I said