Chapter 30

Promise POV

I cleaned up all the tables and mopped up the whole floor.

It was closing time and once again, I had to close up the diner.

Mama Jones left about a week ago and I've been in charge for almost everything for the past few days.

It was time I had to hire more people cause all this was a pain.

I'm still tryna get Keshawn to come in and work here but he's still debating.

In the mean time, I was getting paid $11.80 an hour. Probably the best decision I've ever made.

After I was done cleaning everything, I went into the employee room, then grabbed my purse and closed the diner down.

Keshawn licked all over my cheek as we laid on his bed. He just smeared chocolate all over my cheek with the chocolate covered strawberries he bought me.

It wasn't really a special day but it's just what he does when I've had a long day.

He was slowly recovering from the whole Devin situation but it was going to take some time. Keshawn wasn't really the type to show his pain but I know he was grieving inside.

"So. You doing okay?" I asked him as we sat down and watched the movie.  His ass forever on Netflix.

He chucked a little.

"Yeah I'm good baby, you don't have to keep asking" he said then kissed my cheek.

"I know" I said with a wry smile.

He grabbed my chin then faced me to him.

"I love you big head" he said with a smile.

I smiled back then rolled my eyes.

"I'll love you once you decide to quit my dad's business" I said making him laugh.

"Bae chill, I still need some time. On the bright side I get paid tomorrow. So I'll tell you wassup until then" he said making me sigh.

"Say it" he demanded.

I pouted my lips and shook my head.

He got up then tackled me on the bed then laid on top of me. His always always think he funna suffocate me.

I aint mind it until he began to bite on my neck.

"Ow babe stop" I said trying to push him off me.

"Say it" he demanded making me laugh.

"Iight, I love you too ugly" I said then he kissed my forehead.

Keshawn POV

The next day I got ready to go to the station. I packed up all my things that I needed to work, then went straight there.

Without even thinking, I was on my way to Devin's house. This was the third time this happened this week. I was too used to picking him up everyday before work.

I thought about what Promise has been saying to me for the past week. I might quit.

I locked in the code for the station and I was the first one there.

It was just Spank , Trey , and James.

I sat on the long black couch but Spank stopped me.

"Come one boy, you already know you missed a lot of days and Devin's gone now. So you got to do double time for the rest of the week" he said.