Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

After about 20 minutes of straight driving and me staring at Harry for most of the time, his silence began to irritate me. "Are you going to ignore me the entire time?" I asked, crossing my legs and resting my hands in my lap. He looked over to me, eyebrows raised and that same smirk on his lips. Cocky prick, I thought to myself. I hardly knew him and his demeanour already bothered the hell out of me.

"Do you screw him?" He asks suddenly and my gaze snaps back over to him. Our eyes meet and hold contact, until he averts his eyes back to the road. "Pardon me?" I ask, unsure of what exactly he's asking me. He looks at me again momentarily, not a hint of amusement crosses his face. "Louis. Do you screw him?" He repeats and my jaw nearly drops. Anger boils inside of me that he would even think that and I want to jump across the centre console and choke him. I contain myself.

"You're an idiot." I state bluntly, clenching my teeth to stop myself from saying anything else. I uncross my legs and tap my foot impatiently, staring out the window. "Is that any way to speak to someone who saved you from possibly getting drugged last night?" I don't look over to him, just tap my foot faster. "Go to hell." I spit, biting my tongue harshly. I didn't mean to say that out loud, though I don't know why I'm trying to keep quiet. I don't give a shit what Harry thinks of me.

"I didn't mean to offend you." He says, turning onto the highway. I look over at him then. He seems to be in thought, his eyes squinted in concentration. "No. I don't sleep with Louis. He's my best friend." I state, not like it's any of Harry's business anyway. "Okay." He says, and I'm shocked when he seems relieved. I silently sigh.

A few more minutes of silence pass before I hear Harry shifting in his seat beside me. "Do you always tap your foot when you're nervous?" He asks, making me realize my foot is still quickly hitting against the floor of his car. I stop the action immediately. "I'm not nervous." I mumble, and he laughs; clearly catching on to my lie. The car takes a turn and we head off the highway, and I'm shocked to see us turn down on a country road. He turns again and dust flies around the car from the dirt road as he speeds up.

He stops at a corn field, and I internally groan as I realize it's a corn maze. I never liked these damn things, the scare crows always frightened me. Not to mention it's late October, so this one is probably rigged with people jumping out at you to scare you half to death.

We step out of the car, and I decide to leave my purse in his vehicle. Harry leads me to the man sitting behind the table, handing him money. He's smirking the entire way to the beginning of the maze, and I cringe as it begins to get dark. There's another man waiting at the entrance, thankfully he's not dressed up in a scary costume and I begin to get my hopes up that there won't be any goblins or witches hiding in the tall stalks of corn.

"Welcome to the Halloween Maze of Horror! Tickets please." Shit. Maze of 'Horror'. That sounds pretty scary to me and I already feel myself beginning to get nervous. Harry hands the man the tickets. "Would you both like to take the right path, or one take the right and one take the left; then meet up in the middle of the maze?"

I glance up at Harry, attempting not to look too scared. I don't want to tell him that I don't want to go alone. Even though Harry's annoying and rude I'd rather be with him than go by myself. "What do you want to do Zoey?" He asks and I shrug. I would not tell him that I want to stay with him. He'd enjoy that too much. He smiles. "I think we'll go alone. It'll be more fun that way, right Zo?" His use of my nickname catches me off guard, but I quickly shake it off at the realization of what he just said.