Chapter 25

**someone had asked, so just to clarify. Harry is 21, Zoey is 19, and Max is 18.

Zoey's character I picture as Elizabeth Olsen (the blonder version with blue eyes)

& Max's character is Hunter Hayes unffff!**

Chapter Twenty Five

Harry's POV

I need to tell her.

Or I want to tell her, more so.

I love her. She makes me happier than anyone else was ever capable of. Just the presence of her made me want to be a better person, better for her.

I found it so easy to talk to her. Openly talk to her, about things like my mum. I didn't talk about that with anyone. But everything with Zoey came so fucking easily it was almost scary.

The walk with her father made me realize so many things, not only about her and I as a couple but about me myself.

When I really got to thinking about it, I realized that's it pretty crazy of me to be proclaiming my love for Zoey to her father after knowing her for just a short period of time. But I didn't care any longer, because it was the truth and I shouldn't be afraid of it.

Stan and his psycho of a fiancé had decided to go out for the night, and Max had left to go back to his mum's. Which was the perfect opportunity for me to tell her how I felt about her, and hopefully show her those feelings in the only way I really knew how.

She's standing upstairs in her light pink painted room, with only the bedside lamp on. The crescent moon shines in threw her see through curtains, illuminating a soft glow around the bedroom.

I stand quietly behind her doorway, my presence unknown to her because of the darkness of the hallway. I watch as she sits at the corner of her bed, a notebook gripped tightly in her hands. Her eyebrows pull together in a frown as the stares at the pages, flipping casually as she reads whatever is written on them.

Her frown seems to intensify and I tilt my head, as if I could read her mind and figure out what she's reading that has her so upset. Instead of moving into her room I continue to watch her, until she's flipping frantically at the tattered pages before slamming the book closed. Her lip is brought between her teeth and she frantically shakes her head.

I immediately know what she's trying to do. She's trying to stop herself from crying, even from this pitch black hallway I can see the tears building up in her frantic blue eyes, fighting to spill over.

I move quickly, not even letting any other thought but my girl being upset cross my mind as I take a seat beside her on the bed.

She looks up at me with worried, wide eyes; stuffing the notebook beneath her thighs to hide it away from me.

"Harry, I-"

"Shh." I pull her into my chest, her face resting against my neck as a few of the salty droplets fall from her eyes and onto my skin. She's fighting to lock them away, not wanting to feel weak in front of me but I could never look at her that way.

"It's okay" I assure her, even though I didn't know what it was that had her so upset. Whatever it was, I would make it okay.

"I'm sorry," She blabbers against my neck, sniffling as she cries some more. I softly coo her name, rubbing my hand up and down her back as the other holds her head to me.

"Do you want to talk about?" My voice is quiet as I tread lightly in these waters, unsure of how exactly I should handle this. I didn't want to push her over the edge or upset her any further unintentionally especially with what I wanted to tell her tonight.