Chapter 28

Chapter Twenty Eight

Harry's POV

I was on edge all night, downing a few more drinks than I should have been but I couldn't help it. Zoey looked off, I couldn't quite put my finger on it and I knew she wouldn't talk to me about it. We stayed hidden for the most part, keeping in the corner of the large room and only venturing away to get drinks.

I was just about to ask her when we could get out of here, when a tall slim figure strutted confidently towards us. Her dark hair was pinned to the side of her head with some sparkly thing, and she was wearing a silk looking green dress. It immediately reminded me of the green shirt Zoey had pressed to my chest in the musk smelling shop, my first thought being it looked like snot. I smirked at the mere thought of this.

"Hello, Zoey. Lovely seeing you again?" Her smile is faked and wicked, and I think of Shannon immediately.

"Yeah, lovely." Her fingers held tighter around my arm and her smile was also forced. What was it with women faking smiles?

"And who's this?" Her eyes move quickly to mine and her smirk increases. I watch her snake her tongue over her bright red lipstick, a shiver crawling down my spine.

"My boyfriend, Harry."

"Oh yours, huh?" Her tone is challenging and I raise my brow. If this skinny bitch thought I would ever leave Zoey for a tramp like her she had another thing coming.

Then I thought, this must be Janine.

"Well, I'd hope to catch up with you a little later but I need to go chat with other important people." Her lips curled further and I knew Zoey's nails were leaving marks in my arm. "I'll see you around, Zoey. And I'll definitely see you Harry." She winked a smoky eye at us before spinning on her heel and shaking her hips as he strutted away.

"Fucking bitch" Zoey muttered bitterly, dropping my arm and scurrying towards the front door. I had no time to process anything as she practically ran away from me. My feet caught up with my brain slowly and I started walking towards the door when a hand grabbed onto my wrist. I snapped my head to the side, staring at Shannon as she held my arm with both hands.

"Just leave her"

I scowled, prying my arm free. Who did this lady think she bloody well was?

"Mind your own business." I snap, heading in the direction my girlfriend had. I push open the doors, the cool air stinging my skin. Realization hit me then that Zo was out here somewhere with just her dress on, the sleeveless dress something I was regretting she bought. Her coat was still inside.

I contemplate calling out her name as I turn the corner of the building, stopping dead in my tracks. She's standing there, leaned up against the building. Her dirty blond curled hair is losing it's wave in this awful wind, her cheeks a rosy red colour.

A lump forms in my throat when I see a man standing in front of her, his hand pressed beside her head on the wall. His suit jacket is around her shoulders and she's holding tight to it by her stomach to keep it on her.

What the fuck was this?

"Hey!" I shout without giving it a second thought. He looked like he was about to lean closer into her when I yelled, both of their heads snapping up.

In an instant she's handing him back his jacket, keeping her eyes anywhere but on mine as she slowly walks over to me.

"Zoey, wait!" He jogs back over to her and my fists clench. I needed to calm down, I really don't think she would appreciate me smashing his face against the brick wall.