Chapter 39

Chapter Thirty Nine

Zoey's POV

I wake up the next morning, rolling over onto my side. My back is stiff as I stretch my muscles out, my toes tickling against the edge of the blanket.

If I recall correctly, I fell asleep last night with Harry still on top of me and inside of me. I smile at the memory, looking up to be met with curly, moppy brown hair.

He's snoring softly next to me, wearing his tight jeans. I look down at myself and see that I'm wearing Harry's t-shirt and my underwear, realizing that he must have dressed me after I fell asleep. A blush forms on my face at the thought of him doing that, while I was unconscious, but at the same time if anyone was going to do it I would prefer him.

Just as I decide I'm going to roll onto his chest and fall back asleep, a buzzing noise rumbles from somewhere. I realize it's Harry's phone so I reach over him, digging my hand into the ass pocket of his jeans. He groans as I attempt to free the device from it's tight confines, mumbling something under his breath I don't understand.

As soon as I get it out of his pocket I slide my thumb across the screen, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask through a yawn, rubbing at my tired eyes.

"Hey, Zoey?" Louis' voice chimes on the other line and I smile.

"Yeah, it's me." I chuckle, resting my cheek on Harry's chest.

"Are you with Harry? I need to see him about something."

I look up at my sleeping boyfriend, the cutest pout on his lips as he sleeps. I reach my hand up and touch the tips of my fingers to his jaw, tracing the muscle there.

"Yeah, I'm with Harry."

"Well, get him to come to my place. Please" He adds at the end, before quickly hanging up.

I stretch once more before shuffling to my feet, yanking my shorts back on. I toss Harry's shirt onto his chest after I take it off, and pull my own tank top on.

"Harry" I press my foot into his shoulder and give him a little shake, his eyes blinking up at my rapidly.

"What" His voice is gruff and thick from the morning, and my god he is so hot.

"Louis called, you have to go to his place."

He catches my ankle as I try to walk by and slip my shoes on, halting me completely.

"Do we have to go?" He sighs, looking up and giving me his best puppy dog eyes. I roll my eyes and tell him yes, to which he only frowns even more.

"We're laying in the middle of someone's field, Harry" I remind him as he pulls his t-shirt on. "And I have to get ready for class."

"Yeah yeah yeah" Harry grumbles, picking up the blanket from the ground. He rolls it up into a messy ball, god forbid he actually do it properly, and takes my hand.

We follow the path all the way back to the road, slipping inside the car quickly. It's beautiful out, the sun is shining, and I really did wish we could stay here all day but that just wouldn't happen.

"I'm tired" Harry complains after driving for a few moments in silence.

"Aww, baby.." I coo, pinching his cheek. Harry pushes my hand away and gives me a playful glare before resting his hand on my bare thigh.

"You really know how to push my buttons, Zoey" He smiles, one of his dimples popping.

We drive back in a comfortable silence after that, and I have a feeling we're both thinking about everything that happened last night. I can't keep the smile off my face, I can still feel him kissing me, I can feel his mouth on every inch of my skin.

Harry takes me back to my apartment to get ready, pushing long hair off of his forehead before quickly kissing me goodbye. I tell him that I'll be fine walking to class, and after a lot of convincing he finally agrees and heads out to go to Louis' place.

I feel like I'm on cloud nine for the rest of the day, feeling giddy and bubbly at just the thought of Harry.

So many things in my life have gone wrong, but I had a strong, gut feeling that this was going to go right. Harry and I made it through a tough point in our relationship, we spent months separated but still managed to make our way back to each other.

I loved Harry to the point where I didn't think I would ever want to live without him.

He changed me for the better, Harry made me a better me even though he may not realize it.

But it wasn't just all on him. All the people I've met since I came to England, all the good and bad people have made me see who I really am and even though some of them were negatively brought into my life, I'm a better person because of it.

Marissa made me see the brighter side of things. She helped pick me up when I was down, she helped me wipe away the tears and get back on my feet. She made me realize I didn't need to depend on anyone but myself.

Niall taught me that I should never take anything for granted. We both took each other for granted in our 'relationship' and I believe we've both learned things from that experience. We're both better because of it.

Ian taught me that there's always going to be a few rotten apples connected to the ones you love. It's not going to make or break my feelings for Harry, no matter who he's connected to. In my life back in America, I was surrounded by rotten apples. From Shannon to my actual mother, to Janine and her brother, but Harry was still grounded beside me. He wasn't going to let anything they had to say about us get in his way.

Sunny taught me that there's always going to he an obstacle awaiting you. There's always going to be some sort of problem, possibly a person that tries to get in between Harry and I. But I learned from my previous mistakes, that you can't allow those people to win. You can't let them know you're hurt, instead you need to brush them aside and stand your ground. Don't let the obstacles determine the status of your relationship.

Overall, in the course of my time in England I have learned more about myself than my own mother could have ever dreamed of teaching me.

In the time I spent with Harry, him crashing into my life like a wrecking ball and making his claim, I have learned how to live and how to love.

I rejected him so many times, over and over again. I hated him before I cared for him and I cared for him before I fell head over heels in love with him.

I thought he was a punk, an annoying guy with piercings and tattoos that was far too cocky and obnoxious for my liking. Little did I know, that wasn't who Harry was at all. His appearance doesn't make his personality, in fact, he's one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met.

And no matter what any single person on this planet thinks about that, my feelings for Harry will never disintegrate. I will always love this boy, for the rest of my days he will be the first thought in my mind as soon as I open my eyes in the morning and my last thought when they close at night.

Harry is my rock, my saviour, my love, my life.

And every single piece of my heart belongs to him.

-

GUYS.

THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER.

IM CRYING SO HARD.

MY WRITING HAS CHANGED SO MUCH AND THIS STORY HAS GRADUALLY GOTTEN BETTER AND OMG.

I'm so proud of myself for finishing this. This is the first somewhat long story I've actually completed and I don't even care if it wasn't perfect because I'm proud of myself and I love it!

STAY TUNED, THERE IS AN EPILOGUE COMING.

so, basically it's like another chapter I guess. But then Rejected will really be finished. Wow.

AND THEN I'LL BE WRITING AND POSTING MY SECOND FIC ABORTION OMFG IM GONNA CRY AGAIN

-T