Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty Seven

AUGUST

Over a month had passed since I saw Harry at the party, which I was later informed he was there because the man being promoted was a friend of his. Niall and I had decided to call things quits, both of us somewhat on the same page about that. We discussed how the feelings we had towards each other was more of just a general attraction, and neither of us were in the relationship for the right reasons.

I admitted that I needed someone to make me forget and move on from Harry, Niall admitted that he enjoyed the sex. Typical.

I wasn't mad though, technically we were both using each other and I guess I was okay with what happened. It was over now, and we were going to try our best to remain friends though I doubt we would ever be as close as we once were.

I had since moved out of Louis' flat, and am currently renting my own apartment close to the university I'll be attending next month. I was beyond excited, everything felt as though it was almost a new start for me and I was happy to put everything else in the past.

I had gotten a new job, quitting the one I held before at the local cinema and now I'm working in a library. The pay is enough to keep me on my feet, and I enjoy the quietness that comes with the job. I get to shelve books, occasionally taking a break to read them too and I couldn't be happier.

Before, I thought that I was a new me but I really wasn't at all. I was the same old Zoey that depended on others too much and let everyone walk all over her. It was different now though, I could stand on my own two feet and take care of myself.

I paid my own bills, I had my own friends, and I lived my own life the way that I pleased.

So much had changed, birthdays had passed. I couldn't believe I was 20 years old already, my birthday practically wasted when I sulked away in the summer. I still thought about the fact that I never wished Harry a happy birthday on his 22nd in February. I did regret it a bit, and it brought a smile to my face thinking back to my own birthday when I got a text from Harry wishing me well.

I still missed him from time to time. I missed our talks, our banters and arguments about the little things. I missed having debates with him and laying in bed all day wrapped in his arms. I missed the feeling of his lips on my skin, of my lips on his. I thought about Harry often, everyday nearly; but it was getting better. I accepted that he was nothing but a memory, and even though we had rough times he was a happy memory for me. He was my first real love and I would never forget that, I would cherish it forever.

Harry's POV

I probably shouldn't be here, but with this new philosophy of mine it was only right that I apologized to her. After all the shit we had been through, I thought it was only fair if we called a truce. I knew she had moved on, and hell I had too but I needed her to know that I was sorry and I didn't find her responsible for anything that happened. Sure, she had a part in a lot of shit that went on in my life but like I said - I had moved on.

I walk up the steps to a rundown looking house, the blinds crooked in the only window at the front of the house. I crumpled the piece of paper I had with her address on it, stuffing it into my back pocket and rapping loudly on the screen door.

Moments later the door was swinging open, and Sunny was coming into view. She squints into the sunlight, bringing her hand up over her forehead to shield the sun away. When she recognizes me, her eyes widen drastically and she crosses her arms. I glance down and take in her swollen belly, my mouth going dry.

It couldn't be.

"I-"

"What are you doing here, Harry?" She snaps, her posture stiff as she stares at me. I've lost my ability to speak, and I feel like I may faint. This wasn't supposed to happen, she wasn't supposed to be-