Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty

I run face first into a figure the moment I step foot into the lobby. My body wobbles backwards but I'm caught by my forearms, and steadied back on the balls of my feet. When I look up I'm met by soft blue eyes, Niall's eyes; staring back at me.

"Hey, it's okay" Niall hushes me as I continue to cry, falling forward into his chest. His hand holds the back of my head, stroking gently as the other cradles my back and leads me to the door. Her puts all of my things in his car while I sit silently in the passenger seat, chewing my lip raw. My tears have subsided for now but I'm still quivering, unable to handle the fact that Harry lied to me.

He never worked as an editor. That was just a cover, another lie he had to play out.

When Niall gets in the car I stay silent, staring out the window as he drives. I recall hearing him ask if it was okay to take me to his place, slowly nodding my head as a reply.

I felt empty.

If Harry lied about this, what else was he lying about?

Did he even love me, or was that just part of his game?

I rest my face in my hands, the dull ache forming behind my closed eyelids.

I had never been to Niall's apartment before but I was too distracted and distressed to even take in my surroundings as he takes my hand and leads me to an elevator. He said the doorman would bring up all of my things, that I needed to rest right now.

I don't start crying again until my head hits the pillow, the comforter pulled tight over my body. I feel the bed dip and Niall's arm wrap around me, pressing his chest into my back. He whispers softly in my ear to try and calm me down, his fingertips touching over the bare skin on my arm until I fall asleep.

*

Harry's POV

"Fuck!" I curse for about the fifteenth time since I watched her just walk away. I pick up another thing off the counter, which so happens to be Ian's cellphone; and throw it as hard as I can into the nearest wall. The sound of it smashing only eggs me on further, and I pick up a glass vase and throw it too. The glass shards scatter across the floor, and when I look up I'm met with Ian's eyes.

He crosses his arms, staring down at the mess I've made and shaking his head. The sly smile never leaves his face and I want to wrap my hands around his throat.

"It was only a matter of time before she found out Harry. You can't hide who you truly are."

But it wasn't who I am. I didn't want to do this anymore, I haven't wanted to for a long time.

"I'm done." I tell him, my voice low and angry. For some reason I wanted to take this all out on him, I wanted to blame Ian for Zoey finding out this way.

He smirks, carefully stepping over the glass pieces.

"No you're not."

I grab his collar and yank him towards me, my temper flaring.

"I said I'm fucking done." I growl, my teeth clenched. He shoves me away by my chest and I drop his shirt. Ian scowls at me, tugging the collar of his shirt away from his neck.

"You're really pushing your luck, kid. And if you're not careful, you're going to regret it a lot."

"Get out." I point to the door, my hand shaking. He rolls his eyes at me, getting Christian and leaving. Surprisingly he doesn't say anything about his smashed phone, not like I gave a fuck regardless.

I'm just about to turn away when the door opens again, and Ian gives me a stern look. "Supply the last of that stuff off, and I'll give you a break. Is that a deal?"