Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

Harry's POV

I should have went in and got my own jacket, Sunny could've fucked everything up. I drive back to The Waffle House, the place I never should have taken Zoey but I completely blanked and forgot that that bitch worked there.

It's dark out now as I pull into the back, where most of the employees come out when their shift is done. Sure enough, 10 minutes later, out comes Sunny with her arm hooked through a male employees.

I get out of my car, slamming the door and catching their attention. Sunny drops his arm and struts over to me.

"I figured you'd be ba-" I don't let her finish, my fist wrapping around the neck of her long coat and lifting her into the air.

She chokes and swats at my hand holding her up, but I don't let go of her.

"H-Harry!" She squeaks, coughing and choking. The male employee begins walking over to us, a shocked look on his face. I let go of Sunny and she drops to the ground, clutching her throat and heaving as she tries to catch her breath.

"Don't get involved." I seethe, pointing my hand at the guy. He throws his hands up.

"Hey mate, I don't want any trouble. Me and Sunny will just leave.."

"No, you will fucking leave. I have to talk to her."

He looks down at her, then back up to me before turning and walking out of the dark back parking lot. Sunny gets to her feet, still touching her neck.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She screams, stomping her foot dramatically.

I grab her arm and tug her against the wall, not wanting anyone to hear our interaction.

"Stay away from her, do you understand me?" My teeth are clenched and I know if I don't get away from her fast, I'm going to do something I'll regret.

The evil grin appears on her face and she crosses her arms.

"I could tell her Harry. I could tell her everything. I don't think you're in any placement to be making demands."

"Listen here you little bitch," I shove her by her shoulder until she's pressed to the wall. "Do you think I don't know what you're doing? I know everything Sunny. Everything. I know where you go to get your stuff, and I know exactly what you get. So keep your fucking mouth shut or it'll all disappear and you won't be getting your fix."

Her eyes widen at my threat, lips shaking. She's aching for some right now, I can tell.

"I'd find somewhere else to get it." She challenges and I smirk. I lean down to her, breathing against her fake tanned ugly skin.

"I run it all Sunny. So you just go ahead and try."

I turn away without saying anything else, getting in my car and driving away; leaving her stunned on the side of the building.

Zoey's POV

My phone is buzzing like crazy as I peel my body from the sofa I fell asleep on, rushing into my room. I grab my iPhone off the charger and slide the screen, not checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Why, isn't it fantastic to hear my daughters voice again." I chuckle at my dad's stern voice, he was always so serious.

"Hi dad,"

"How've you been? How's Louis?"

I chew on my lip, laying back on my bed.

"Good. Everything's good" I lie, twirling my hair in my fingers.

"That's great darling. Shannon misses you, she can't wait to see you on Sunday."

I reframe from rolling my eyes. My fathers fiancé Shannon and I didn't exactly get along.

"Sure dad. Has she trashed my room yet? Or took scissors to my clothes?"

My dad scoffs on the other line. He'll never understand how we feel about each other, and I know it will never change. At first I feared that she would turn him against me too but it was impossible, my dad was my biggest fan.

"Have you heard from your mother? Or Maxwell?"

I cringed at the use of my brothers full name. Dad was the only one that called him that. To everyone else he was simply known as Max.

"No, I haven't."

"Surprise surprise.."

"Dad, please."

My dad and mom no longer got along after the divorce. Max, who was now 18; a year younger than me, took moms side. I took dads.

Of course my father resented his only son for siding with the woman he calls the spawn of satan, and we were no longer much of a happy family. My brother visited the house that I lived in with my dad and Shannon sometimes, but he would mostly keep to himself and just stay in his room.

"Sorry Zoey. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying your trip. Have you looked at any apartments?"

"No, but I have a few in mind"

He sighs heavily.

"I'm going to be sad to see you move so far away but I'll let my little bird fly."

I chuckle, glancing at the clock. "Listen dad, it's late I really should go. I'll see you soon."

"Okay hunny. Have a great rest of your trip. Say hi to Louis for me"

"Sure," I end the call quickly. My dad could always tell when I was lying and I didn't want to get caught. It's not like I could tell him my best friend was dealing drugs.

A thought courses through my brain and I think about calling Louis. But would he even answer? Would he even want to talk to me?

I sigh and grab my jacket from the coat hanger in my room. I pull my shoulder length hair into a ponytail and zip my coat up, leaving my purse behind and just taking my room key. He couldn't run if I just showed up there without notice. He'd have to talk to me.

-

sorry really short filler chapter!

You guys are learning some more things in this story.. Hah

Please vote and comment!

Tell me what you think is going to happen next?(:

-T