Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Zoey's POV

I've changed my outfit for about the seventh time when I hear his knocks coming from the door.

I know it's Harry immediately by the way he knocks, loud and obnoxiously. When I open the door I force myself not the stare at him, his simple black jeans and flannel blazer looking amazing on him.

He smirks, stepping around me and into my room. "This suite is nicer than my whole damn apartment," He comments, eyes scanning the living room. I chuckle, he was right this hotel was beautiful.

"You actually got up," He rolls his eyes, I can tell he's in a more playful mood though.

"I told you I'd be here" The smirk on his face reappears.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.." I slip my purse over my shoulder and pull my toms onto my feet. Harry scowls at my shoe choice but I ignore him.

He leads me into his SUV and soon enough we're driving down the busy streets of London. It's Sunday, meaning I have exactly one week left here until I fly back home to America.

Harry manages to finally find a parking spot at The Waffle House, but not after honking his horn at three people that stole his spot and cursing repeatedly under his breath. I couldn't help but giggle, his flustered attitude somewhat charming.

"Are you laughing at me?" He smiles, resting his hand on the small of my back as we walk up to the front doors.

"No," I lie, focusing on the feeling of him touching me.

He shakes his head, opening the door for me. We walk in, the chaos of waitresses running around and people fighting for tables overruling the smell of sweet syrup.

Again Harry places his hand on my back and leads me through groups of people, guiding me to the very back where I spot an empty table. It's small, with only two seats but it'll have to do.

We sit across from each other, knees accidentally bumping together. Harry backs his chair up to remove some of his long legs from under the table and I laugh.

"You're like a daddy long legs spider,"

A waitress comes and quickly pours two glasses of water, nearly spilling some on the table before scurrying away to a woman begging for a towel for her spitting up baby.

"There you go with the daddy thing again, are you sure that's not a kink of yours?"

"Harry!" I hiss quietly, swatting his arm from across the table.

He chuckles and picks up his menu while I frantically glance around, thankful when I find no one staring.

We end up ordering waffles- surprise surprise. Harry is mostly silent, but I feel him glancing at me every now and then. The Waffle House only seems to get busier as time ticks by, the later breakfast eaters making their way in.

Harry pays quickly and practically drags me out of the restaurant, his quick strides forcing me to run to keep up.

He has my hand in his, our fingers slipping a few times as Harry literally shoves through endless crowds of people looking for free tables.

We finally step outside but Harry doesn't stop until we're standing by his car. He drops my hand, bracing himself against the hood. He's panting pretty heavily, his eyes closed.

"Harry, are you alright?"

I place my hand hesitantly on his bare forearm below his elbow. His eyes open and glance at me for a moment before closing again.