Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty Four

I feel the container of ice cream I was holding bounce onto the counter as I mindlessly drop it, my eyes fixated on him. What was he doing here? Why would he come here?

It's too dark outside to even try and tell what they're talking about, I can't tell what they're saying but the minute I see Harry begin to laugh my heart starts to swell and pound. He looked happy, from what I could see at least. He was smiling, laughing even, and seemed to be alright with Louis now. I watch Louis clasp his shoulder and give him a firm shake before walking around him to go further into the party.

At this point I've seen enough, and I force myself away from the back door. My ice cream is left forgotten on the counter as I practically sprint down the hallway and slam the door to my room. My back rests against it and I stare straight ahead of me in the darkness, trying to comprehend the fact that this is the first time I've seen Harry in months.

After he left this very place all that time ago, I didn't want to see him anymore. I called things off with us, unable to see over the bad things he was doing with his life and him cheating on me. Much to my surprise, Harry didn't fight it at all. That was the last phone call we had, he never tried to contact me again after that and that was a huge part in me being able to move on from him so easily. I was surprised though, with that strong personality of his that he didn't even try to fight.

I was thankful for it though.

Because I was a much better person now, and I had a boyfriend that cared for me the way boyfriends were supposed to.

I pull myself away from the door, and change into more comfortable clothes for bed. Deciding then that I needed to stop thinking about this, I crawl into my bed and engulf myself with the heavy comforter. I felt oddly cold, my skin chilled for it being May. The weather was getting warmer and here I was buried neck deep in a heavy blanket.

I blamed seeing Harry again.

Maybe seeing him here, so close, just gave me the chills. Surely I didn't have feelings for him anymore - no. I was over those juvenile feelings, I wasn't acting like a child anymore. I had a responsible relationship with a responsible person that cared enough for me to put me first. And, he was respectful enough to keep his dick in his pants when it came to other females outside of his relationship.

It sounded great in my brain, and so I come to the conclusion that as long as I tell myself over and over again that Niall and I are meant to be; and that Harry and I are the past, everything will be just fine.

Rolling over onto my side I groan out tiredly, kicking away the blankets. I was sweating profusely, no breeze coming in through my open window. The night is silent and I know the party has ended, checking my alarm clock to see it's 5 in the morning. My bladder is begging me to go relieve myself, and I cursed at myself for not going to the bathroom before bed; the alcohol I consumed ready to come out.

Groaning one more time I get up from bed, stumbling over to the door. I open it slowly, tip toeing into the hall passed Louis and Marissa's room so I didn't wake them up. They both could get real cranky if their sleep was disturbed. I turn to go into the washroom, keeping my hand on the wall so I didn't need to turn the light on. Just as I'm about to make it through the doorway someone bumps me and I gasp, catching myself against the doorframe before my face smacked into it.

I struggle to find the light switch, my hands roaming the wall until I flick one on. The brightness illuminates the hall and I'm surprised to see Harry standing in front of me, squinting in the brightness as he rubs his eyes.

"Uh, I uhm, I-"

"S'my fault. It's alright" He mumbles, blinking quickly to adjust to the light. I take notice of his hair, curlier on the ends than I remembered; that was definitely longer and looking like he needed a bit of a trim. He looked nice though.

"Okay" I say quietly, for some reason unable to take my eyes away from him. Harry is the complete opposite however, looking at anything but me. He looks down for the most part, his jaw twitching.

"You can go first" He says quietly, motioning to the bathroom. I remember then why I got up in the first place, realizing that we bumped into each other headed to the same location.

"No, you can. You're faster than I am" I tell him, biting my lip to hide the slight smile. He looks up at me then momentarily, his eyes locking on mine for not even a second before he slightly nods, and slides passed me into the washroom.

I lean my head against the wall with a hard thump and sigh the moment he closes the door. This would happen to me, bumping into the one person I really didn't want to on the way to the bathroom.

Harry seemed.....different. He seemed more calm, less Harry-like. He hardly even looked at me, and I'm surprised he talked to me at all. I don't know why I was taking this so hard, maybe I was just a little surprised that Harry clearly had moved on too. His feelings for me were only temporary, and for some reason that was a tough pill to swallow.

I hear the toilet flush and wait a few moments before the door is opening again. Harry slips out of the bathroom, and with only one small glance towards me, turns and walks down the hall. I watch him go, the muscles in his back visible through his white v-neck along with the large cross tattoo on the back of his shoulder. He's wearing sweatpants, and I watch him round the corner towards the living room. Louis must have let him sleep on the couch.

I silently sigh and go into the bathroom myself, smiling appreciatively as I notice he put the toilet seat back down. Finally being able to relieve myself, I quickly wash my hands and stare at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked like Zoey.

I sounded like Zoey.

But why was it I didn't feel like Zoey?

One time, one time seeing Harry again and I was already losing my mind.

-

I'm sorry the updates have been a little shorter but this is the third or fourth day I've updated in a row so I hope you guys don't mind.

what do you's think about what's happening right now?

What do you think is up with Zoey?

please comment if you can, I love you all xo