e-ight

i arrived at work 3 minutes early. I felt so accomplished. nervousness crept down my neck as I saw minji charging at me giving me that smirk.
"so, how's it go?"
"pretty good actually." I said honestly.
"anything happen?"
"well-" this is where my high school drama classes kicked in. i cupped my cheeks with my hands pretending to be shy while looking away trying to avoid eye contact, just as I was taught.
"NO WAY!" she said, well more like squealed. after numerous heads turning our direction I then again acted and denied anything happening. I wanted rumors to circulate, anything that would mean a step closer to seeing hoseok running down the hallway in his underwear.

only for a month. I encouraged myself. I was already being so cringy, I don't think I could last another hour. and when everything seemed already so hard, taehyung just decided to pop in at exactly the right time.

i was still at the front desk chattering with minji, well more like she was chattering to me, not with me, when tae approached us. he was already dressed with his ironed out white doctor gown and with his suitcase in one hand. he smiled brightly at us, and minji continued nudging me and cupping her own cheeks in excitement. I played along and smiled brightly at him, but my eyes were piercing through his fake expression, and his did the same.

"hey beautiful," before I could attempt to clear out my ears assuming I heard wrong, he swept one arm around my waist pulling me closer and whispering in my ear so no one could hear. "well this is day one am i right?"

"I thought we agreed on no hugging," I growled.
"well I've only got you in one arm, a half hug you could say." such a player, why did I agree to this again? oh right, hoseok.

at this stage I already knew that we were both acting, it was simply all a stage. his actions no longer flattered me or made my heart skip beats. there were no feelings attached, or continuing outside of work. I guess you could call it a part time job?

he finally let go of me after a good 100 years and minji stood fangirling and boasting about how she created another couple or whatever. all I wanted her to do was go tell that to hoseok.

my busy shift didn't allow another taeri moment. taeri, the ship name minji keeps using, is kinda sticking to me.

I was having my first break after a packed 8 hours of standing up and my phone screen illuminated with a notification.

2 messages from taehoe
"i finish my shift in like 2 hours, yours should too right? meet me by the front desk and we will walk out together. I'm bringing hoseok to the front desk. get your self prepared ;)"

"hey and also what's my contact name?"

I opened messages and replied.

"taehoe. I quite like it, it suits you."

"change it."

"why should I?"

"I'm your boyfriend."

"I don't think boyfriends make that decision."
read at 5:01pm

he didn't answer. "ha! taehyung 0, lee hyori taking the lead on 1." I exclaimed to myself.

I hurriedly finished my packed lunch and then went off to finish off my rounds.

two hours had passed, and just like he said, he came walking down the ward with hoseok. they were playfully chatting and I cleared my throats in preparation. I got this.

"taehyungie!" I think I tasted vomit in my mouth. I rushed up to him, pretending to be oblivious to his companion. "oh hoseok sunbae-" I slightly bowed to my senior in work.

he stood blankly for a bit before responding.

jackpot.

"oh hello, it's hyori right?" oh stop pretending like you've never heard of me.
"yes is it! did taehyung tell you about me?"
"haha yes he did. he's been talking about you nonstop for weeks- ow taehyung!" taehyung lightly punched him in the stomach glaring at him.
"weeks huh?" I smirked at taehyung, who was obviously agitated.
"we need to get going, don't we hyori?" taehyung excused us.

"ok then, I'll catch you guys tomorrow then?"
"bye~" we said in unison.
"bye." hoseok said with a hint of confusion.
tae put one hand behind my back as we walked out of the hospital together. the moment we walked out of the glass doors, he took back his arm and I walked a further meter away from him.

we snickered at eachother. "so- what have you been talkeing to hoseok about for weeks huh?" I teased.

he remained silent until we got back to our apartment block.

"taehyung nil, and hyori scores another point," I cheered as soon as I got into my unit, excitedly jumping. I heard a loud voice outside of my unit shout. "I CAN HEAR YOU YA KNOW?!" I quickly covered my mouth as giggled.

today wasn't as bad as I thought.

+a/n+
I'm updating after 15282686372872 years. I swear if you get tired of waiting, please read my other ff "deaf" if you haven't already + please comment and vote so I can update faster!