t-wentyeight

i changed into some trackies that i had bought earlier and yun hee changed into her pjs. taehyung wore trackpants and a knit jumper. we were all out in the living room watching 'Sprited Away'. the atmosphere was awkward after i had called myself "yun hee's friend and taehyung's co worker." i couldn't erase the memory from my head. i sat in between yun hee and taehyung on the couch, a blanket covering the three of us. we watched the movie in silence. i felt yun hee's head fall and swing. she eventually left her head resting on the arm rest of the couch, which left taehyung and i to finish the movie. 

"i'm just going to carry yun hee into bed quickly, it's getting cold." i carried the fairly light girl as taehyung nodded and yawned. i went down the hallway into her room and propped her onto the bed. she snuggled up and i was about to head out again when taehyung's mum walked into the room.

"i was just putting her to sleep-" i explained myself but she put her hands on my shoulders and coerced me to sit on the pull out bed. 

"i know what taehyung's like. he's rude and stuck up sometimes," she started off. "but he has a soft heart and works very hard for yun hee and i. it may seem like he's played around with many girls, but you're the first he's ever brought home. don't be shy, i won't bite. and besides, it's not the first time i've heard about you." i blushed. a mother's instincts were truly strong. i felt relieved that she knew i wasn't just taehyung's co worker, even though it was obvious when i said it.

"what do you mean 'it's not the first time i've heard about you'?" i asked. she giggled a bit and i felt a warm feeling. i hadn't had a mother to talk to in such a long time.

"as soon as i heard your name, a whole bunch of memories of taehyung complaining about how your ranks in class kept clashing popped up. as much as he used to get annoyed that you were catching up to him, he never stopped talking about you to me. i'm almost certain that kid liked you." i blushed even harder, biting my lip.

"i never would of thought!" we laughed for a while and then she told me to go back to taehyung as she had taken me too long. by the time i got back to the living room, he was fast asleep. i sat on the couch and watched the rest of the movie that brought back so many childhood memories. i turned off the TV after finishing it and watched taehyung peacefully sleep. he shuffled around next to me and eventually his head fell onto my lap. i covered him with the blanket as i observed his angelic features in the dim lighting. i ran my finger down him face and jaw and then brushed his hair from his face. he smiled slightly at the sensation. is he awake? this guy. 

i was about to position myself to go to sleep until i felt the weight on my lap lift and i felt a pair of lips on my forehead. he rested on my lap again, his eyes wide open and i smacked him on the arm. he whined and then i shushed him up. he gave me a coy look. i returned the forehead kiss and was trying to get up since he was awake but he yanked me down and forced me to stay with him. i tried my best to get into the most comfortable position and taehyung cuddled up next to me. this couch. is way too small. taehyung wasn't short, and neither was i, so fitting onto the piece of furniture was difficult, but we managed to fall asleep. his warmth made my heart beat increase. his breaths hit the back of my neck and it made me feel secure. it was peacefull. i liked it. 

we were awoken by a loud gasp. i shot right up, forgetting where i was to find yun hee gasping at the scene. taehyung had fallen off the couch. 

"morning." i said in reply. her mum followed behind her analysing the scene and winking at me. taehyung groaned in pain and i got off the couch and threw the blanket over him. i fixed up my hair and greeted taehyung's mum by bowing.

"good morning mrs kim- mum?" i questioned how i should address her. she gave a motherly smile that i hadn't seen in such a long time.

"morning daugher~" she replied. i smiled and taehyung woke up after hearing that. yun hee covered her mouth in shock and taehyung stood up quickly but i ran away to the bathroom before he could say anything.  that was so embarrasing. 

i refreshed myself and headed out after changing into a fresh set of clothes that yun hee lended me. i was wearing one of her nice blouses and pants. the aroma of breakfast filled the room. and it wasn't toast.

"wahh!" i exclaimed witnessing all the food mrs kim prepared. "can i join you for breakfast?" she nodded and i sat down along with the kim siblings. we scoffed down the food and then taehyung said he would drive me home. 

i got home and taehyung stayed over to clean some things at his unit. today was our first date, but after yesterday, it was more like our second. i promised taehyung to meet him later at 7pm. i was called in for a short shift from 11am-6pm to fill in for someone else. i got ready for work and left my house.

after a long shift i got ready. what do i wear? i ringed minji for advice, but immediately regretted it as i was bombarded with questions on what happened. i spent the longest time explaining that we cleared up our situation and that i needed fashion advice. she came over at my place after the call and picked out my outfit. it was 6:30pm, and as i was about to leave the house, she pulled out a massive makeup bag. 

"what's this?!" she smirked and then started dabbing foundation over my light layer of bb cream. from mascarra to highlight, she did it all. although i removed some of the highlight and false eyelashed after. 

"perfect." she admired, looking at my face. i stared at the almost unrecognisable reflection but i went with it anyways. i check the time. 6:58pm. 

"MINJI, I'M LATE!" we rushed out, and i said goodbye. i made my way to the place and turned up 10 minutes late. i waddled awkardly in my heels to the figure standing outside of the restaurant.

"look who's late now." taehyung remarked. i frowned and we made out way into the place and sat down across from eachother. he looked at my face in proper lighting and then made a double look at me.

"what's that stuff on your face?" he questioned, looking confused.

"makeup dummy." i spat back at his oblivious face. he didn't say anything and then pulled out his camera and snapped a photo without me looking.

"HEY!" i got mad and tried snatching his phone away but his long arms kept it far from me. i frowned. 

"you're so pretty-" he said under his breath while looking at his phone.

"with makeup. but without it-" he laughed a bit. i shot my head up and smacked him on the head.

"OUCHHHHHH!" 

updates will be coming once a week, but i think there is only maybe two chapters left. thank you for reading and getting this book to 49.3k! 

[unedited]