t-wentythree

i had been dreading today, the day, wednesday.
the day where i would decide my feelings for chang wook, although I'm pretty sure I already knew how I felt.

I finished my shift early, showered and changed in the staff changing rooms. I wore a simple t-shirt with my usual denim jeans and applied a small amount of makeup to dress it up. I loitered around the front desk waiting for him to come, taehyung was no where to be seen.

"hyori!" I heard someone call out, changwook.
he shot me a smile and waved as he jogged towards me. I smiled and waved aswell.

I got into his car and we headed downtown.

we arrived at a new burger place, a slightly awkward aura circling the both of us. we sat down and had small chat, but I kept to myself most of the time.

i cut into my steak and he picked up his burger.
"are you alright?" he asked about to take a bite.
"hmm," I put my cutlery down and rested my head on my hand. "sorry i think I'm just tired from work."

he put his burger down. he also used to his hand to lean on and looked deeply into my eyes which made me slightly uncomfortable yet somehow warm inside.
"i understand. you didn't have to come here. you still like him, whether you deny it or not. you should go, and tell him how you feel before you lose him. as much as i despise him, i hate to see you depressed even more."

I couldn't speak a word, I was so taken back by his words and an overwhelming sense of guilt and sorry rushed over me.
"I'm so sorry chang wook. i used you to distract myself from him, I'm deeply sorry and thankful. but there's nothing I can do about taehyung, i think he has already moved on." I gave a sullen look. he stood up and grabbed me by the wrist pulling me out of the restaurant.
"my steak!" i reached out my hand towards my untouched food.
"taehyung can buy you another." he remarked as we got into his car again.

"what a sick bastard. i made up my mind to let you go because I thought he actually had feelings for you." I sat silenced because of the car's accelerating speed. feelings for me?

we arrived at the hospital's parking lot and i was fearing what he was going to do. he took me by the wrist again and pulled me into the building. I used my staff ID and entered the neurology ward earning some looks, since most people knew I was 'dating' taehyung. he was still holding me tight. he scurried through the ward until we stopped at the familiar figure and an unwanted sight followed behind him, yun hee. how did she even get in here? taehyung' eyes followed chang wook's arm to see him holding on to me and I uncomfortably wiggled from his grip.

"do you know them?" yun hee asked in a sugar coated voice.
"yeah, do you mind waiting outside for me?" he said, looking in her eyes sweetly and patting her back?
"mm." she gave me a smile and left, she actually seemed nice.

"what's the occasion? it's kind of rude to barge into someone else's workplace without notice don't you agree?" he folded his arms glaring at chang wook. wook rolled his eyes.

"do you like her?" he pointed at me with his eyes. "do you like her?"

"i'm sorry who are you to care?-" taehyung rudely said.

"who are you to ask?" chang wook snapped back.
"her boyfriend-"
"no you're not, I already know." taehyung gave a look of defeat and then faced me with disappointment. patients continued to walk by observing the fight unfold and I pulled my hair in frustration.

"are you going to answer my question? cause if not," chang wook grabbed my hand interlocking his fingers and I blushed a deep pink, "i'm going to date-"

"I like her." taehyung blurted out, cutting off chang wook mid sentence. my head jolted towards taehyung, not expecting what he said. wook let go of my hand gripping me by my shoulders and he smiled.

"you owe me one." he smirked, proud of making taehyung confess. I gave a smile back and thanked him. "I'm always going to be here you know, if taehyung leaves you." he snickered at taehyung as he pulled us apart taking me by the shoulders looking angrily at wook who was behind him. i smiled at him again and he made his departure. taehyung's grip loosened and we avoided eye contact. I didn't know what to do.

"hyori!" we both turned to the calling voice. it was hoseok. he approached us and I greeted him warmly.

at the same time i saw the chairman heading towards us as well. did I just blow taehyung's cover? will he get mad at taehyung for being with another girl other than his daughter?

the chairman called out waving, "son!"
son? like son-in-law? they're getting married?
I turned to see taehyung smile at the chairman, taking a quick glimpse at me. I saw his smile slowly fade.

TAEHYUNGGGGGAHHH
took two days to make this chapter, a lot of thinking and deciding where this story would go takes a lot of brain power lol.
so the second guy has finally left the love line, but now yun hee is here :(

please comment and vote, I appreciate it a lot! thank you guys for 36k I couldn't be any happier about how this story is gaining attention! also I was to end this story by 30 chapters so this shall end soon but I'll try to put more into each chapter. will release the next chapter soon as I'm on holidays now! stay tuned :)

thanks again, much love ❤️

apartment + kthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara