t-wenty

i waited in front of the mall for chang wook to come, anxiously gripping the strap of my bag looking down at my pink blouse, jeans and small black heels. am I too formal?  

i lifted my head as I saw a figure approaching me in my peripheral vision.

"hi!"
"hi!" he shot me a rectangular smile that made me immediately think of taehyung. cute.

(ISN'T HE JUST SO PRECIOUS ASFSDFXA)

we walked inside and headed to a pasta and pizza restaurant. we ordered chicken fettuccine and  the chef's recommended pizza and sat waiting for our meal to arrive, adjusting to the loud atmosphere. there wasn't one awkward moment, as we laughed at jokes and chat to kill the time. it made me think how different it was around tae, it wasn't so serious all the time.

as our food arrived at the table, our first bites were interrupted by a familiar voice.
"hyori! what are you doing here?"

"hoseok?" i retracted the forkful of salad that was about to enter my mouth.

"who's this?" he gestured to the person sitting across from me.

"he's a, uh-" I struggled to define our relationship until chang wook spoke up.

"I'm hyori's high school classmate, nice to meet you," he stood, introducing himself and hoseok did the same. it wasn't until then that I realised that hoseok wasn't alone.

"oh taehyung? since when did you get here." I tried to put on the most 'less shocked' and 'girlfriend' toned voice I could.
he shoved his hands in his pockets, trying to do the same.

"I was always here, i guess hoseok's massive head was just covering my small face." he chuckled earning himself a 'light' punch from hoseok.

i invited them to sit with us until I noticed wook's uncomfortable expression. luckily they declined, so they sat a few tables from us.

I felt taehyung's eyes on us the entire meal, and hoseok's gossiping didn't stop either.

"you finished? should we leave now?" wook asked.
"yep, here I'll pay." I gave my card to the waitress who brought us the bill.
"you didn't have to! the male is supposed to pay!" he gave a small pout which was extremely cute. I felt my cheeks tint pink.

"im all about gender equality, but you can pay for dessert then." we got up and I said my farewells to hoseok and taehyung who seemed a tad cold.

I finally got the chance to ask chang wook about the past over dessert.
"so, you know taehyung?"
"yeah, your boyfriend right?" he avoided eye contact.
"not as my boyfriend. you know taehyung from high school right? it took me days to remember, but it was that one day. you were getting bullied by some guy and it turned out to be tae's friend-"

"bastard," he harshly said under his breath. "sorry, i, i just" he struggled to spit out the words. "I don't understand why you're dating him. I mean I know he is a doctor and all, but, what he did- no, what he is capable of doing is ruining someone's life, not saving it. I just think you deserve someone better you know? and I'm not saying that's me, but just anyone but hi-"
"chang wook, chang wook, is okay! shhhh." I gripped him by the shoulders trying to calm him down while laughing at his rant. 

"we're not real! we aren't serious." stunned, he didn't say anything and I removed my hands from his shoulders.
"we're just pretending! I can explain it to you all another time, but we are only together for another week, and then we are back to normal. I swear."
"really?"

"really." do i  really want us to be normal again though?

sounds like someone is crushingggggggg + GUYS 29K OMG OMG OMG, ALMOST 30K GUYS ASDFSACSFSFFAE