t-hirteen

before i start this long awaited chapter, last chapter i was thanking you guys for 5k. im proud to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 9.5k READS! honestly thank you for all you devoted readers who have stuck with my slow updates, i appreciate you! please do feel free to check out my other books, deaf (completed), and wrong train (not finished) while waiting for updates. thaNKYOU ONCE AGAIN! <3

i woke up, body cold and restricted by tight ropes. my hands were tied together at my back, tape plastered over my mouth and i was sitting alone in a small confined room. i looked around the 'cage' i was in. it was dimly lit by one hanging light and there was a strong smell of gas and steel. i groaned in pain as i saw bruises that were left on my ankles tied by tape. i saw a small camera in the corner of the room flashing red. assuming it was on, i stayed still fearing the worst. my heart speed increased and my breathing became more unstable as i sat lifeless in the corner,  tears slowly falling from my closed eyes. 

mum, dad. they were the two people i was thinking the most about. seconds felt like minutes, and hours like days. i sat alone for a long time before the door burst open and i shivered in fear looking away from the bulky men that came in. they knelt down as they approached me and one man lifted my chin so i would look at him. he thoroughly observed me and looked at my body from head to toe. i felt so ashamed and uncomfortable as they all murmured amongst themselves. who are they? the people who called me? no- the loan sharks?

"so," spat one of the taller men. 

"where's the guy?" he questioned me.

guy? what guy? taehyung? he moved closer to me and painfully ripped the tape off my mouth and i winced in pain.

"sorry baby." distuged at what he called me i muttered quietly, "don't call me that." 

"i can call you what ever i want." he said in a stern tone slapping my cheek. my cheek tinted red as the blood rose at the place of impact.

"hey, don't touch her face. anywhere but the face otherwise we can't sell her." another said. sell me? 

"is it money that you want?" i questioned, desperate after recalling his words.

"you haven't answered my question." he bickered back at me. 

"i don't know what guy you're talking about." i tried to lie.

"the owner of the unit you came out of." his voice became more agitated and his face was so close i could feel the heat of his breath. 

"that's my unit. check it if you want. look i don't know what you want here."

"the guy. he stole a lot of money from us." his voice got less intimidating.

"he paid it back-" my eyes dialated at my mistake.

"you know him. you do. i don't like pretty girls that lie." his hand twitched, about to hit me.

i calmed myself and tried to negotiate with them.

"he paid you back already! why do you keep chasing him?!" i raised my voice in anger.

"it's called interest honey." i gagged at the pet names they gave me. 

"and he isn't giving it to us. so we took you instead. we can at least make a few dollars off you."

"a few dollars?" 

"unless you want to pay off the interest for him?" i gave it a thought.

"would you leave us if i did?"

"of course, we have our morals. but its quite a hefty amount you know?" he gave a wicked smile and walked off as one man untied my hands and threw me a kimbap. "dinner." they all left the room and i sat in utter silence and distress. i opened the expired kimbap and filled my hungry stomach with it. i took advantage of my free hands and tried to free my legs but someone burst into the room before i could and tied my hands again, even tighter this time.

hours passed, and my lower body was aching from the hard concrete ground. my hands were numbing in the cold as my clothes didn't help much. at least i didn't have tape covering my mouth. wary of the camera watching me, i tried to catch some shuteye and thought about where i could get enough money to pay them. i had some money in my savings account but i didn't know if that was enough. maybe ill just get a loan, from the bank. 

i was woken again by the door opening except no one said anything. they took off my hand restrictions and then two men dragged me by my arms and took me out of the room. it was an empty builing site. i tried to look around for anything that could signify where i was. i fought back and squirmed as they had a tight hold on me. i tried to kick them away, but it was to no use, i was too weak. 

as i was shoved into a black car, i became desperate and i saw that the same man i was talking to was driving. they retied my hands again and i pleaded and screamed for them to release me. the car started and drove off at full speed. it was pitch black outside and i cried loudly. two guards next to me tried to cover my mouth with tape again but i screamed out instead.

"I'LL GIVE YOU MONEY. ILL PAY IT. PLEASE LET ME GO. LEAVE ME ALONE." the car came to a sudden stop and i jolted in my seat. the man who i talked with last night turned around from the wheel to look at me. 

"but i'd get a lot more if i sold you to our most valued customer. sorry honey." he continued to drive and then my mouth was covered in tape again and i felt my body weaken again as one last tear fell down my cheek as i took one last look at the man in the mirror. taehyung, help me.

im actually so excited to write the next chapter for this, it will probably be updated soon. so thanks for waiting for this chapter, i hope its long enough for you to wait for the next!