t-wentyfive

"hey hyori! it's yun hee, grabbed your number off taehyung."

i took my phone from my table as i sloppily applied mascarra to my eyes, late for work again. 

i quickly typed up a reply, moving on to my hair. 

"hey yun hee! what's up?" 

"so i had a little talk with taehyung..."

my curiosity grew as i read the message while i tied my hair in a ponytail, throwing on a jacket and my shoes. i carried my phone preciously as i watched the typing symbol, waiting for another text.

"annnnd i want to tell you about it in person."

i rushed out of my door making my way to the bus stop finding time to reply back.

"ugh, the curiosity. alright, lunch break at 1pm. meet you at the same cafe?"

"deal, your treat!"

"this chickkk."

i sat down on the bus that i almost missed and then put my phone down to look outside the window. the bus started to drive and i saw a familiar car drive past, its taehyung. he's not catching bus. i guess he didn't want to see me. i felt kind of offended but brushed it off. 

time passed very slowly, and i tried my best to focus on work, but i kept thinking about what yun hee might tell me. maybe taehyung only said he liked me to get rid of chang wook. maybe he does like me, and is embarrased? nahh. actually, where is chang wook? i haven't talked or seen him lately.

my thoughts were interupted by hoseok. 

"hey hyori."

i didn't reply but instead glared at him.

"why didn't you tell me you were the chairman's son?!" i shouted at him teasingly.

"i don't know, not many people go around telling people who their parents are right?"

"i guess." i sighed. "soooo when are you taking me for lunch?"

"i knew this would happen." he sneered and pretended to walk away. he stopped and then came back to me. "how about today?" he pointed a finger at me smiling brightly.

"sorry i can't do today, i'm meeting up with someone." i sulked at our bad timing. 

"who are you meeting? that guy you were in the restaurant with before" chang woo? what was his name again?

"im not seeing chang WOOK," i corrected him, leaning in close to him i whispered. "i'm meeting up with taehyung's sister." he was slightly taken aback.

"taehyung's sister? you mean yun hee? you know her? i saw her for the first time yesterday, taehyung blabbers about how annoying she is all day." i chuckled a bit, visualising taehyung ranting about his little sister.

"it's a long story. i'll tell you about it one day." he gave me a disappointed look.

"alright." he excused himself and went to go check on some patients while i got ready to assist in a long surgery.

it was 12:54pm. i was late. i rushed out of the operating room taking off my scrubs and washing my hands as quick as i could. i went to the locker rooms and threw a jacket over my uniform and headed outside to the cafe. i was only late by a few minutes, and luckily yun hee was too.

"sorry i'm late, i had a situation."

"i was late too, it's fine." we ordered some drinks and i leaned in, ready for the goss to start.