t-wentysix

a warm ribbon of sunshine tickeled my face and i woke up. i shot right up observing my surroundings. where am i?- i recognised my whereabouts, it wasn't the first time i've been here. taehyung's living room. my thoughts were cut off by snoring. my attention turned to hoseok who was sleeping on the carpet below me. i noticed the blanket over me. 

taehyung abruptly opened his bedroom door rubbing his head. we made eye contact and i quickly tried to brush down my hair and tidy myself. i got off the sofa i was sleeping on and kicked hoseok to make him wake up.

"mum! stop it!" he whined. taehyung proceeded to toast bread and make breakfast. 

"im not your mum!" i shouted at him. his eyes opened at once and then he sat up looking around. he covered himself with his hands, still on the floor.

"YOU PERVERT, WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? WHERE AM I?" i mentally sighed and then made my way to the bathroom to wash my face. by the time i got out, hoseok was already sitting down for breakfast. there were a few pieces of toast on the bench. toast again?

"why did you guys drink last night?" hoseok and i sat down listening to taehyung complain.

"do you know how hard it was to transport two drunk people here? and on top of that, you," he pointed to hoseok, "THREW UP IN MY CAR." his eyebrows lowered and his face scrunched up mad while hoseok bit his lip.

"sorry taehyung, i'll buy you lunch one day." he apologised.

"AND YOU." he pointed at me. oh gosh what did i do? 

"YOU WERE SWEARING AT ME AND CALLING ME ALL SORTS OF THINGS-" he stopped, mad. hoseok chuckled.

"sorry!" i said embarrased. taehyung finished making 6 pieces of toast.

"is this all we're having?" i blurted out. taehyung nodded. i stood up and went to his fridge only to find more bread, some drinks and kimchi. this kid doesn't have any food. 

"i'll be back." i quickly found my bag and grabbed my keys and ran next door to my unit. i grabbed some eggs, meat, salt, butter and some cooking utensils. i ran back to taehyung's house  to see the two waiting patiently. i grabbed the toast that had been cooked, placed them on a separate plate while i beat some eggs and cooked scramble eggs. i put the eggs inside the pieces of toast and put it on the table.

"wow hyori, i didn't know you cooked so well!" hoseok cheered, while taehyung attempted to keep his cool appearance.

"cooking scrambled eggs isn't hard. i'll teach you one day of you want." we started to eat the food until hoseok broke the silence again.

"sooo, did you guys break up." i almost choked on my food. i didn't know how to reply.

"hoseok, why would you ask such a stupid ques-" taehyung cut me off.

"why would we break up?" he looked up at me and i felt my cheeks tint a shade darker. 

"oho." hoseok fangirled.

we ate the rest of breakfast in peace and i washed the dishes afterwards as a payment for dealing with us the night before. i grabbed my belongings and was at the door about to leave.

"bye hoseok!" we waved him goodbye, and then i took a step outside but was pulled back in by taehyung.

"so what about me being a jerk?" taehyung said, referencing last night.

"oh, you heard me?" i said, almost sure that only hoseok was there last night.

"i heard your entire conversation." i recalled myself calling him ungrateful and talking about how he was running away.

"i was joking! i'll see you at work." i said quickly. i tried running to the door to escape but instead but pinned to the wall by taehyung. i looked away. he looked at me and then dropped his hands from the wall. 

"we've grown apart." he started. "and i don't know how, but i feel like i just lost you all of a sudden."

"what do you mean 'lost'?" 

"i don't know, one day we were good and the next you had replaced me with someone else?"

"i never replaced you. chang wook knew his place, and i told him clearly where he stood. and what about you? you used your sister to make me jealous?" the tension rose and so did our voices.

"you know that's not the intention i had in mind-"

"and same goes for me." i defended. "i never went to lunch with chang wook to replace you, or make you jealous. it was just to say 'thank you' for helping me that day. you know that taehyung. but there never was an 'us'. we were only temporary."

i could see his face sadden. im done with the pushing and the pulling. i need to make it clear to myself and him too.

"and that's why i want us to stop." he blurted

huh?

"let's break up. i don't like our relationship being tied together by a due date. let's start over. let's date for real." i felt exposed and flustered at once. after just arguing, he managed to pop such a question. 

"i-i, need to think about it." but in my heart i already knew the answer.

"ok. i'll give you your time." i ran out of his unit as fast as i could and into mine. i dropped everything in my hands and i opened my phone searching for yun hee's contact. i called her and explained everything. she told me to give it a day or two to think about it if i needed. she told me that everything was going good despite my doubts. i told her that i had felt unsure all of a sudden and she scolded me, reassuring myself that this is what i wanted. i took deep breaths and thanked her. i put down my phone and lay on my bed.

i breathed in and out weighing up whether this was actually the right decision. i called taehyung and put on a brave voice.

"so where's our first date going to be then?"

yo im so sorry, this is such a badddd chapter. i know it's kinda weird how they fight and then they make up, but i guess it's just both of them releasing all of their doubts and past concerns. i hope you remember that both of them wanted to continue dating, but just didn't know how to bring it up to eachother. i may go back and edit this chapter if i feel like i need to. 

thanks so much for 42.8k, i also won't be posting as often, maybe only once a week as school has resumed and this term is going to be supper packed. i've already gotten two assignments so i'll try my best to make time to complete this book. it should be ending soon, even thought it didn't have a majorrrrr complication, i still hope you guys have enjoyed it so far. 

i love you guys endlessly for the support, please leave many comments, i love reading them and replying. thanks again!