e-nd

f l a s h b a c k

the sun hit my face as i sat leaning on my hands with my head tilted back. 

"taehyung!" i opened my eyes and looked up to see chang wook excitedly running up to me. and then i closed my eyes again deeming the warmth of the sun more important.

"I PASSED." i failed to ignore him and then snatched his exam paper out of his hand that read the mark 50.5% and chuckled while throwing it back to him. 

"well done." i exclaimed, slightly proud. 

"you're actually the best teacher i've had in my entire life." he blabbered on about how school teachers were just rude and stuck up and shouldn't teach or something. 

"hyori!" a distinct and loud voice disturbed my sun soaking session and my head jerked up in annoyance as i watched two girls running after each other. 

"hey, it's hyori." chang wook pointed out.

"you know her?" i questioned him as we both watched the girls running around.

he coughed, "of course i know her, she tops like every single exam."

"no, i do. i beat her in more exams than she does. she is so up her self about her grades, but i bet you she cheats." my facial expression turned sour and chang wook looked at me.

"wow, someone's sensitive today." he and my other friends around me started laughing and i decided to leave to go somewhere quiet. i walked to a vending machine and bought canned coffee. as much as i hated coffee, i was feeling really tired. i sat down on the bench beside the machine. i took a few sips of the cold beverage and then was interupted again by loud panting. i faced the source of noise, a puffed out girl, barely walking and struggling to breathe. the same girl who was running earlier.

"that girl minji," she took a few breaths and managed to utter a few more audible words. "i'll get her for stealing my diary, i swear." she walked out to the machine to get a bottle of water.

"why what's in your diary?" i spoke out loud, to her surprise.

"eavesdropping is bad." she said, still struggling to breathe.

"speaking out loud in an empty area and then accusing an innocent 'listener by chance' of eavesdropping is worse." i took another sip of the slightly bitter coffee.

i looked away at the far trees until i noticed that the panting hadn't stopped. she had taken a seat next to me and i was about to walk away because she was so loud when i actually looked at her, and the cold sweat running down her forehead. crap. her thin arms couldn't even put the drink bottle to her lip and her eyes were drooping. her breaths were staggered and her lips were turning blue. 

"are you ok?" i quickly rushed to her and put my hand to her cheek that was burning hot and then took off her blazer to cool her down. i saw her head threatening to fall and without thought, i picked her up from the chair and rushed to sickbay.

"gosh your heavy." i groaned at the weight.

"i haven't even eaten breakfast," she softly uttered.

"and you decided to run that much, and in winter too?" she stayed quiet, her eyes closed. "you should've known better, you're studying to become a doctor right? how can you help others get better if you can't even help yourself."