n-ine

another day of work and acting was complete. today was more busy, so we only walked in together, and now we on the bus home. ironically, i sat on the single seat at the front and he sat at the four seater at the back. anyone would've assumed that we were strangers, too busy on our phones.

you have 1 unread message from minmin
"YAHHHHHHHHHHH I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT! YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY DATING RIGHT?"

"i thought i told you today already, gee this chick"

"SO CUTEE"
"i need to find myself someone soon."
"I'm already 26 and I've never dated. good for you, you're still 23. huhu~"

"it's ok unnie, there is someone out there for you ;)"

"HEY I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME UNNIE I FEEL OLD."

"heheh"
"my bus is at my stop now, I'll see you tomorrow"

"ok, bye~~"

I turned off my phone and taehyung stood up, ready to get off. we got off the bus and started the short walk to our apartments. his extremely slow walking pace wasn't in timing with my fast steps, so we didn't walk together and taehyung just trailed behind. after taking the elevator up, taehyung was no longer in sight. i was around 10 meters from my door when I noticed three bulky men wearing fine black suits loitering around my door. i gripped my bag. fear blinded me, and taehyung wasn't with me. one was knocking on my door, and the others mumbled to eachother. by this time I had caught their attention. I slowed my walking pace and opened my mouth ready to ask if they needed something when a cold hand landed on my lower back.

"sorry I'm late honey, come on-" I stood startled and continued to walk straight past my unit and the men, heading to taehyung's unit which was still fairly close. their eyes following us as he put the key into the door and opened it up. i managed to hear one of the men on his phone saying "boss, are you sure you gave us the right number?" his eyes glaring into mine as I shut the door relieved.

my attention was now on taehyung. I turned around and crossed my arms.

"care to explain?"

he stood, watching me, and then proceeded to turn on the lights and put down his stuff as if I wasn't here. he took off his long winter coat and then went to the kitchen, identical to mine, and got a glass of water out.

"want water?"

"no. I want you to tell me why there are loan sharks outside of my front door." I sternly bickered, remembering our 'reunion' the other week.

"I was running away from some jerks and I entered your apartment because mine was too far away-" the memory echoed through my mind, still crystal clear.

"well-..." he cleared his throat.

hellooo- short chapter! the complication has finally begun ;-; sorry for any typos, I'm writing at 11:30PM hehe.