Chapter 9

''I'm mastering the art, of miracles and flawless tragedies''

Arabella's POV:

I'm lying in a bed, it looks like a hospital bed as Harry shouts something to multiple people in the room, everything is a blur as people run around and their voices are distant and the words they're saying are unrecognizable, but no one talks to me, everyone is talking to Harry. Someone turns me to lie on my stomach as I feel a liquid pouring down my back that makes my back burn from the wounds that are inflicted, I scream in pain and struggle to stop them, but someone else holds me down.

''We have to clean the wounds, Arabella'' I hear Harry's voice but I ignore him, the pain is distracting me and it is unbearable. ''Please stop'' I say weakly as I continue struggling although I don't have any energy inside of me to continue. ''Shhh, just 10 minutes and it won't hurt anymore, I promise'' he says as he touches my hand but I flinch away, I won't let him comfort me after he caused my pain.

He didn't say anything, I prayed he would at least try to lie to me that he didn't kill her but he didn't. It was like my words were sinking into his brain and he wasn't thinking anymore, nothing. He was numb. What caught his attention was me starting to fall unconscious and he lifted me up from the ground and carried me through some other part of his huge mansion. That's how I found myself in this bed while people were cleaning my wounds and I was in pain again, I still am.

The aching in my pain hasn't stopped, I can't tolerate it anymore, I endured so much pain in these last couple of days and I can't anymore. My body was not prepared, I had never been treated this way, my father was harsh with us growing up but he never dared to raise his hand on either of us. I never felt more in pain, and so unsafe in my entire life, never knowing what is coming next, never knowing if you're going to survive the next day or this is your last one.

I feel a cloth being put on my back and I turn my head as much as I can to see white cloths with gauze on them to soothe the pain and to disinfect it. Now all I feel is coldness against my back, to numb the pain. I see one of the guys taking a needle and I flinch away from him. ''Don't!'' I yell at him. ''It is just an IV, Arabella'' Harry says but how can I trust him? I am still traumatized from last time he stuck a needle inside of me that was a drug and made my body so weak, I couldn't control myself.

Harry grabs my wrist and holds it down as they attach the IV to my vein, I whimper in pain, I hate needles. ''You have to recover'' one of the man says, he doesn't know that I have been trying to recover from a lot of emotional pain until now and not succeeding. I lay there and watch drop after drop fall down as the bottle eventually gets empty and my eyelids drop, I feel extremely tired by now. Someone takes off the needle from my arm and lifts me up, as he carries me through the long halls of the house. He opens a room and I open my eyes to see where I am, this is nothing like the room I was staying in before.

It was light, there was no darkness, it had a huge king sized bed and with two bedside tables on each side of it. There was a balcony and a huge chandelier on the ceiling, the colors were bright red and there were two other rooms in this room, the doors were closed and I couldn't see what they were, I'm guessing one of them is a bathroom but I still don't know. Overall the room was as perfect as it can be, with beautiful decorations and expensive furniture.

They lay me on the bed and I was covered with an actual blanket, my body now screaming for warmth, I'm surprised how I can still feel something, how did this experience not make me numb? I pray this is all over and I pray the physical pain will be gone from now on.

After I got a normal rest, that I deserved, I wanted nothing more than to stay in the warm bed. I feel rested for once and I didn't have the nightmares that were haunting me each night. The door of the room opens and a strange man comes inside of it, I don't recognize him, I look down and see he's carrying a tray of food in his hands. He comes towards me, making me go back a few inches as he sits on my bed and places the tray with food on top of my lap.

I look at him suspiciously, he looks dark and scary, almost as Harry, but no one scares me as much as Harry does. He is very attractive, he has chocolate brown eyes, brown hair, a beard that looks really good on him, and the black jacket he has on adds to the mysterious look he has. ''How much time was I asleep?'' I ask him, not sure if he knows the answer. ''For a whole day'' he says and smiles at me sympathetically.

''Eat your food, beautiful'' he says as he looks at me staring at the delicious food. I raise my hand slowly and take one of the toasted breads as I bite it, it was delicious and it made me even hungrier as I continue eating the food, the man smiles at me, seeing I have an appetite. Why is everyone so nice to me all of a sudden?

''My name is Zayn'' he introduces himself finally. ''I'm Arabella'' I say. ''Yeah I know, Harry told me about you when he ordered me to give you something to eat'' he explains and I nod. ''Is he going to kill me?'' I ask him and his eyes widen at my question. ''Well, he told the maids to get this room prepared because he would have a guest for some time, I don't think he plans to kill you'' he says and I nod, continuing to eat my food.

''After you finish with the meal, you can take a shower if you want and Harry said that he would wait for you in his office'' Zayn says and I nod, he leaves the room and I finish eating the food as I place the tray on the bedside table. I don't want to see Harry, if he doesn't plan on killing me, he can let me go so I never have to see him ever again.

I want to stay in this bed forever, it is so warm and soft, but I feel very dirty and disgusting from staying in that room so I decide to stand up, having enough energy to at least walk on my own as I see there is blood on the sheets. I walk in the first room and see it is a walk in closet, filled with so many female clothes, I'm surprised some of them are even my size. I pick out underwear and I walk in the second room, that is a bathroom, just like I thought.

I turn on the shower and I see that I'm only in my bra from yesterday when Harry ripped my shirt apart, my cheeks heat up at the thought that all of those people that cleaned my wounds saw me in my bra. I take off the jeans I was wearing as well, the socks and then my underwear. I look at myself in the mirror and I gasp at my reflection, who is this girl in front of me and where am I? I don't even recognize myself.

There is a huge purple bruise on the side of my stomach where Harry used that electric device on me, my wrists and up to my arms are filled with bruises all over, the bruises on my wrists are a deep purple and I flinch when I see them, when I turn around I see huge wounds, big and small cuts and bruises all over my back from the whip. I am so damaged, I look like a broken toy and it's all Harry's fault.

I walk into the bath and when the warm hits my bruised body, I flinch away because it stings but after a couple of seconds, the water soothes my pain and washes the blood off of my body. I feel so clean when I get out of the shower and I put on my bra and panties and blow dry my hair. I put on black skinny jeans and a sweater that I find in the walk in closet and I put on Uggs because they're comfortable on my feet, they're soft and they keep my feet warm. I decide to let my hair down, and I only put on a beanie and leave it like that.

I take off the bloody sheets from the bed, I feel disgusting when I see them and throw them on the floor as I put on new ones. I know I'm just avoiding Harry, I know eventually I have to face him, but I don't want to. I try to occupy my mind with things I have to do in this room so that I postpone my visit to his office but there is nothing left for me to do anymore. I have to face the devil now.