Chapter 32

Chapter 32

''You're playing with matches and I have a paper heart''

Arabella's POV:

''What the fuck are you doing here?'' Harry asks Mike, I just put my gun down and wait for him to explain why he's here. I would never think that Mike would be stupid enough to come in Harry's house alone. ''I didn't know if Ari was alive'' Mike says, he looks as surprised as me right now.

''She's alive, why do you fucking care?'' Harry asks, he is obviously upset about our fight and Mike couldn't pick a more inconvenient time to come here. ''I came to take her home and if she wasn't alive I came here to kill you'' Mike says and Harry laughs at him. ''Mike you need to go right now before he-'' I start but Mike cuts me off. ''I am not going anywhere without you'' Mike says to me and I shake my head.

''You have some nerve coming in my house and threatening to take her away from me'' Harry says to him. ''You obviously have a death wish because you came here again after I spared your life, you're not going to get lucky this time'' Harry says angrily. ''How can you stay with him after everything he's done?'' Mike asks me.

''Harry didn't kill Dahlia, dad did and you know that'' I say to him, the silence after I said that just proved to me that he in fact really did know that our father killed her. ''How can you stand there and ask me that question when you stayed with dad after everything!'' I yell at him and he bows his head down.

''I wanted to tell you that it was a suicide mission to go to Harry, but dad didn't let me'' Mike says and my eyes widen. ''What is wrong with you? You were ready to lose me as well? I feel disgusted by the both of you!'' I yell at him. I run towards him and tackle him to the ground, his gun falls on the floor as he grunts when he falls and I punch him in the face, I want to throw another punch but he grabs my fist and turns us around as he takes a knife from his combat boot and puts it against my neck.

Harry comes towards us and puts his gun against Mike's head. ''Make one move and you're dead'' Harry says. ''Go ahead'' I challenge him, with tears in my eyes. ''I didn't come here to kill you, I came here to take you with me'' Mike says. ''I'd rather be dead than come with you'' I say to him angrily. ''You're not taking her anywhere, I will kill you before you can blink'' Harry says to him.

''You won't kill me, she'll hate you forever'' Mike says. ''Want to bet?'' Harry asks him. ''He will kill you Mike, he doesn't care'' I say to him. ''Step away from her right now'' Harry says and Mike does as he's told as he stands up off of me and throws the knife on the floor. ''I'd rather her hate me than lose her'' Harry says as he offers me his hand to help me stand up, but I push it away from me and stand up on my own.

''Come home, Arabella, you already have a family you don't need him'' Mike says. ''You are not my family, I will kill you both'' I say to him angrily. ''You're different since you started living with him, you've changed'' Mike says. ''Good'' Harry says. ''Ari, he's manipulating you! He is a bad influence on you'' Mike says. ''Our father manipulated me into thinking Harry killed our sister just for his own gain, he taught me how to fight and wanted to turn me into a killing machine!'' I yell at him.

''It's different now, dad is sorry, he is trying to apologize that's why he sent me'' Mike says to me, he sounds so genuine and pleading with his eyes but I am not buying it. ''He sent you here because he knows I'll kill him if he even tries to step foot in this house, he sent you here knowing how dangerous it is for you'' I say to him. ''He knows you won't let him kill me'' Mike says and I stay quiet. Would I let Harry kill my brother? After I resented him for so long when I thought he killed my sister? I wouldn't...

''We want you home, Ari'' he says to me. ''Why so your father could kill her too? No fucking way'' Harry says. ''It's her decision'' Mike says to him spitefully. Harry shoots him and Mike falls down on the ground. ''No!'' I scream as tears fall down my cheeks. ''What the hell did you do?'' I ask Harry as I go towards Mike, I kneel down in front of him and see that Harry shot him in the shoulder, Mike is going to be fine, he's just unconscious.

''You're lucky you missed'' I say to Harry angrily as more tears fall down my cheeks. ''I don't miss, Arabella'' he says to me and comes towards Mike and me. He takes his body and starts dragging him to the door where the basement is. ''What are you doing?'' I ask him.

''Taking him to the cell'' Harry tells me and I stand up and go over to him. ''No! You're not going to torture him!'' I yell at him. ''He tried to take you and I'm sure he was planning on torturing you or killing you'' Harry says. ''I would have never gone with him'' I say to him. ''Are you sure? Even after our fight? Even after he promised you all the things you want to hear?'' Harry asks me.

''Harry please, he's just 16 years old'' I say to him, changing the subject. ''I don't care if he's ten, he is stupid'' Harry says. ''Please don't hurt him, he is the only sibling I have left'' I say to him, I am not even sure why I'm defending Mike, after everything he has done to me. ''Do you hear yourself right now? He knew your father killed your sister and lied to you about it! He sent you here knowing that you might have died!'' Harry yells at me.

''You need a reality check!'' he continues to yell at me. ''You can't bargain with anything anymore! I gave him a second chance and he was stupid enough to come here after you told him not to! I don't fucking care'' Harry says. ''You don't care that this will hurt me? That you might kill him, I will never forgive you'' I say to him and he shrugs.

''I have nothing to lose'' Harry says and I slap him, hard. He looks at me angrily and his eyes darken abnormally. ''You shouldn't have done that'' he says. ''You will lose me!'' I yell at him. ''The only way I will lose you is if I let him go right now! If you won't go with him willingly now, he will come back and take you forcefully!'' Harry yells at me angrily.

''What you're going to lock me up and torture me too?'' I ask him, loudly. ''Don't tempt me'' he says and I look at him in disbelief. ''You're sick'' I say to him. ''If that's what it takes for you to realize that he was going to take you and they were going to kill you than yes I would!'' he yells at me

I take out my gun from behind me and aim it at his chest. ''You know I never miss either'' I say to him, but he doesn't even look threatened by the gun, there is not a single sign of fear or panic on his face. ''Go ahead, kill me for the brother you never deserved, they will be the ones that will destroy you'' Harry says. ''I have nothing left to lose'' I say to him and I see pain on his face.

''You don't have the guts to kill me, Arabella. You can't live without me right now, you have gotten used to have me around so much that you would never even dare to pull the trigger'' he says as he comes closer to me. ''I am the only one that can make you happy and get over your pain'' he continues to say as he puts his hand on the gun. ''You love me'' he says and takes the gun from me as tears fall down my cheeks.

''I am going to take your brother to the cell and you are not going to argue with me anymore'' Harry says and takes Mike's unconscious body as he drags it downstairs, I just go to my room. I sit there and cry for hours until I hear the door opening and I see Harry sitting on my bed. ''I hate you'' I say as I bury my head in my knees that are hugged to my chest.

''No, you don't'' Harry says calmly. ''Please let him go'' I say. ''I'll do anything'' I add and look up at him, he reaches out and brushes my tears with his thumb as he looks at me. ''I am not going to let him go and you are not going to try to either'' he says as he moves his thumb on my mouth and chin as I flinch away from him.

''You all bring sadness into my life and I have done nothing to you to deserve that'' I say to him. ''Stop crying, baby girl'' he says to me. ''Just leave'' I say and he stands up and leaves my room. I cry myself to sleep and dream of the day before everything has happened, the day I was so happy and I couldn't think of a way anything could go wrong.