Chapter 25

Chapter 25

''Maybe tonight, the stars align''

Arabella's POV:

''Are you sure you trust me with all these weapons?'' I ask him and smile at him. ''Am I not supposed to?'' he asks me. I take one of the guns and put it against Harry's chest, he smirks at me as he looks at me in the eyes. ''If I was going to kill you, I wouldn't wait until now, I would have done it while you were asleep'' I say to him. ''I know'' he says.

I watch as Harry shoots every single target in the center, he doesn't miss a shot as he fires the gun. I watch him as he concentrates on the targets and I smile at him, being with Harry is the safest place that I can be right now, not just physically but emotionally too. He puts the gun down and looks at me as he smirks, I take one of the weapons and start shooting, my aim is as good as Harry's but I still miss a few shots, I don't hit them in the center perfectly as he does. "Impressive" he says.

"Why did you take me here?" I ask him as he fires the gun. "I saw that you were frustrated, I just wanted you to take your anger out on these targets" he explains and I nod. ''I want to take my anger out on my father, Harry'' I say to him and he puts the gun on the table in front of us and he turns towards me.

''I will kill him for you'' he says and I look up at him. ''I don't want you to kill him Harry, I want to kill him'' I say. ''What do you hope to achieve with this exactly?'' he asks me as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. ''That is my closure, my sister will rest peacefully'' I say to him. ''Arabella she didn't die so you can become a killer'' he says and I take the gun and turn away from him as I turn towards the targets.

''I am the only one who truly loved her'' I say to him as I fire the gun and hit the target in the middle. ''I am not going to argue about that but you have to know that once you take a human life, you won't feel any better, the guilt will kill you'' he says as I continue shooting.

''He took an innocent life! He is guilty and he deserves to die!'' I yell at him. ''You are not the one who decides if he deserves to die or not'' he says to me and puts his hand over my hands that are holding the gun firmly in place. I put down my hands and he takes the gun from my hands. ''He is not only guilty about that, he lied to me and tried to pin the murder on you and that almost killed me as well'' I say to him. ''He needs to feel the fear that my sister felt'' I add.

''He saw that you were emotionally unstable Arabella and he used his chance. He knew how much you loved her and that you were driven to find her killer, he knew that you weren't afraid that you might die and he wanted me dead. Instead you played smarter than him and I am the one who will make you stronger, your sister's death is only making you weak and clouds your thoughts'' Harry says to me and puts his hand on my cheeks as he caresses me, he kisses my forehead and I close my eyes. I am grateful that one good thing came out of this; him.

When we finish we see Ben once again. "I'm so sorry that my son didn't get to see your face, he would have want to paint you" he says and smiles at me. Ben creeps me out, his comments make me shiver. I look at Harry and he chuckles at me, he finds it amusing that I'm scared of this guy. "Such a shame" Harry says and Ben nods. Ben doesn't get that Harry is making fun of him and not being genuine.

"We should go" Harry says finally. We say our goodbyes to Ben and get in Harry's car. "Are we going home now?" I ask him. "Not quiet yet" he says as he starts the car. "Where are you taking me now?" I ask him and look over at him, he stays quiet. "I wont be surprised if you take me to a boxing match and force me to fight with someone" I say to him and he chuckles.

After a few minutes, Harry parks his car and we both get out. I see that he took me to a park and I go over to him. ''This is very nice of you'' I say to him. ''I thought we could walk for a little, you don't go out much now'' he says as he takes out a pack of cigarettes and lights one.

''You never talk about your previous life'' he says to me and I look up at him. ''My previous life?'' I ask him and laugh a little. ''Before everything happened, before you came to live with me'' he says to me. ''It was very boring actually, I finished school earlier because I finished my AP program in one year but I didn't do that to apply to colleges earlier, I just did that because I wanted to be finished with school'' I explain to him. ''But did you want to go to college?'' he asks me. ''If this didn't happen, I would probably go to art school although that wouldn't help me much'' I say to him. ''Why not?'' he asks. ''I would have an actual job, I would probably do street art and that wouldn't make me much money'' I say to him. ''Galleries would'' he says and I shrug.

''How about you?'' I ask him. ''I enjoy art, I'm just not very talented'' he says and I laugh. ''I meant about college'' I say to him. ''Probably economy, my father would have made me go, he was obsessed'' he says. ''But what do you want?'' I ask him. ''I don't know Arabella, I'm very satisfied with this life right now'' he says and I nod.

''Tell me more'' he says and I smile at him as we keep walking through the park, I enjoy this very much. Not doing anything, just talking and getting to know each other, I love this calmness he offers me. ''I didn't have an official boyfriend, I didn't want to have boyfriend, I was young and I didn't want to waste my teenage years on a boyfriend, there were a few boys that I saw occasionally but nothing serious, I have never done anything more than a kiss until you, I mainly focused on my friends and my family, I loved going out with my friends, we had so much fun together'' I can't believe I'm talking so much to him, we have never talked like this.

I look up and see that the sky is grey and I realize it's a little bit cold here. ''It's going to rain'' I say to him and he looks down at me as he throws the cigarette and steps on it. ''That's okay, we're not made of sugar, we'll survive'' he says to me and I smile.

''What was your first impression of me?'' he asks me all of a sudden and I furrow my eyebrows. ''I have seen you previously on a picture and I knew who you were obviously, but fear was the first thing I felt, I didn't know what was going to happen, the things I heard about you were scary, they portrayed you as a merciless man that kills without blinking'' I explain to him. ''That might be true'' he says and I shake my head 'no'. ''I knew it wasn't from the moment you spared my life, I knew you were a good person'' I say to him.

''You only want to see the good in me and that is why you ignore the rest of the bad decisions I make'' he says to me. ''Harry if I thought that there was nothing good inside of you to save, I would have left'' I say to him and he smirks.

''I only spared your life because I wanted to get to know you, you intrigued me'' he says and I smile. A feel the first drop of rain on my cheek and I look up as few more drops followed. ''Why did you spare my brother's life?'' I ask him. ''Because I took you in exchange, you were the one I wanted'' he says.

''No one has ever tried to defy me, everyone always submitted to my requests and I always got what I wanted'' he says. ''That must be very boring'' I say to him as I feel the rain getting heavier. ''It was, until you came'' he says and stops as he turns towards me.

I didn't notice until now that we stopped walking and are now turned to each other because I was hearing for what Harry had to say. I see that there are no more people around us because it started to rain even more but I'm not bothered by it, Harry left me speechless, I have never imagined Harry to be so open with me like this and talk about us.

It starts to pour and I see that Harry and I are wet from head to toe. I want to tell him that we should go but he has other plans. "Let's make this very cheesy" he says as he laughs and leans in to kiss me. His kisses even though there weren't many, are very familiar to me, I love how he kisses me with so much passion. Our tongues fight for dominance as we kiss, he bites down my lower lip teasingly and when we hear a thunder we stop kissing. He grabs my hand in his large one and starts running, I run after him and we both laugh like small children as we run back to the car.

"Harry if I slip and fall, I'll kill you" I say to him and he just turns his head to me and smirks. We reach his car finally and we both get in quickly and he starts the car. I move my fingers through my wet hair a couple of times so it doesn't get tangled. I loved this day we spent with Harry, I have never seen him be more romantic since I've met him.