Chapter 42

Chapter 42

''Is she alright?!'' Someone yells making me have a headache. ''Yes, I think she's fine'' another voice says. ''Why isn't she waking up?!'' The same panicked voice yells. ''She will wake up soon sir''.

I open my eyes slowly, my throat is really dry and my vision is blurry. When my eyes adjust to the light, I see three faces, a guy dressed in a white coat, a doctor and Liam and Miles.

''Are you okay?'' Miles asks me worried. ''You're damn lucky she woke up'' Liam says angrily and I look at him. ''Calm down, Liam, I'm fine'' I say to him and Liam turns to me. ''Where's- Where is Harry?'' I ask them and Miles and Liam give me sympathetic looks as Miles sits on my bed.

''The guy that threatened to kill you, his name is James, we have him locked up. Just as he was leaving the gun, he grabbed it and fired it, Harry shielded you with his body and got shot'' Miles says and my eyes widen as I shake my head.

''Where is he?'' I ask him as I push the covers off of me and stand up. I immediately regret it as my head starts to spin and luckily Liam grabs my upper arm and steadies me. ''Easy now'' Liam says. ''Where's Harry?'' I ask them, panicked. ''They're doing the surgery now, he is in a critical condition'' Miles says and a few tears slip down my cheeks as I look them.

I immediately think of my baby and I touch my stomach as my eyes widen. ''I- I have to go'' I say and start putting on my shoes. ''Where are you going? We're all here'' Liam says. ''I- I- just remembered I- left something in my house, I have to go and take it'' I say to him and they share a look with Miles.

''We can't let you go anywhere, it's dangerous'' Liam says as he stands in front of me. ''Please Liam, I'll be right back. It's very important'' I say to him and he digs in his pocket, he takes out his car keys and gives them to me. ''Use my car, it has GPS so I know where you are at all times'' he says and I nod. ''Thank you'' I say and leave.

I get in his car and open the navigation, I type in a nearby fertility doctor and drive to the doctor's office. When I go in there, I put in my name and sit in the waiting room. I see pregnant women all around me, sitting with their husbands and smiling, holding their hands.

I wish everything was not as complicated with Harry as it is, I wish we were just two normal people, having normal lives, normal jobs, no weapons, no violence, no deaths, no fucked up families, just us and our baby. Now I don't even know if he will survive this, if he got killed because of me, I would never be able to forgive myself. If he dies, I have no idea what I will do, I will be all alone in this world, there will be no one by my side to help me and protect me. But I promise myself that I'm going to give birth to this child, no matter what.

''Arabella Maxwell'' the girl at the desk calls for me and I look up. ''The doctor is waiting for you'' she says and I nod as I go in the room. ''Hello, my name is doctor Kingsley'' the doctor introduces herself as she smiles at me warmly. ''Hello'' I say and she motions with her hand for me to sit down on the chair.

''How can I help you?'' She asks me as she looks at me. ''I- I had symptoms, I didn't know if I was pregnant and I took a pregnancy test, three pregnancy tests.. and they were all positive, I'm not sure if I still am because I was pushed down on accident and fainted..'' I try to explain as I rub my sweaty palms, I'm so nervous.

''Did you bleed when you woke up?'' She asks me as she takes sanitized gloves and pushes my t shirt up. ''N-no, I don't think so'' I say as she puts gel on my stomach and spreads it all around me. ''We will now see if your baby is okay'' she says as she turns on the machine and starts looking at it.

After a few minutes of her just looking and nodding her head and being silent, I just look at the monitor but I don't understand anything. ''Yes, it's fine, you can hear the heartbeat'' she says and turns on the machine. As I hear its little heartbeat, a few tears fall down my cheeks. ''You're five weeks pregnant'' she says and smiles, but when she looks at me, her smile fades.

''Is it your first time being pregnant?'' She asks me and I nod my head. ''It's totally normal for you to be emotional during this period'' she says to me. ''Do you want a picture?'' She asks and I shake my head. ''Are you sure? This will be your baby's first picture, you would want to show it to him or her'' she says. ''Okay'' I agree and she prints the picture and gives it to me.

''If you want any advice or just to talk, you can schedule an appointment with me, I would gladly guide you through anything you're going through'' she says and I nod. ''Thank you'' I say and she gives me paper towel to brush off the gel.

''Please don't stress about anything, you're not allowed to worry, any bad news would be dangerous for the baby, eat healthy food and just rest'' she says and I nod.

As I drive back home, tears fall down my cheeks uncontrollably. A part of me wasn't sure if having this baby was real, I wasn't sure if I was pregnant, but hearing the doctor confirm it made me have mixed emotions. It would have been easier if I wasn't pregnant, but now that I am, I'm going to give birth to it and I will protect it from anything.