Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Arabella's POV:

''Just how your love can do what no one else can''

I wake up the next morning and turn over to see the clock, I see it's 5 am and my eyes widen, I realize I don't need anymore sleep, but I have a terrible headache because I cried myself to sleep yesterday. I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom to take a pill for my head,

I look at myself in the mirror and see I have big bags under my eyes. I decide to take a quick shower and when I'm done, I apply foundation to my face and a little mascara, I take the pill from my headache and drink it. I put on a pair of jeans and a simple t shirt and go downstairs.

The door to the basement is very tempting and I know Harry is sleeping so I open the door to the basement as quiet as I can and walk downstairs. When I look around, it brings so many memories from when I was here and Harry tortured me. I almost can't breathe and the walls start suffocating me as memories come back to me. I feel like I'm going to throw up when I see and smell the blood everywhere around me.

This place is like a horror show, how can such a beautiful house have an ugly basement like this? I see Mike is tied up on a chair just like I was, his head is down, he is obviously sleeping or still unconscious, I see Harry has cleared his wound because he is not wearing a t shirt and he has a bandage on his shoulder.

''Mike?'' I say quietly and he screams, the sound echoes around the halls as he lifts his head up and looks at me. ''What the hell did you do to me? Let me go!'' he screams as he starts struggling against the ropes, I kneel down in front of him and put my hands on his knees.

''Stop'' I say to him quietly but he doesn't listen to me. ''Harry is sleeping right now but if you continue to yell, he is going to wake up and come down here'' I say to him, calmly. ''You two are disgusting! You did this to me!'' he yells at me and I stand up. ''I am trying to help you, Mike!'' I can't help but yell at him.

''Why the fuck did you let him tie me up like this then?!'' he yells. ''I begged him to let you go but he doesn't listen to me! You should have listened to me and you should have never come back here!'' I yell at him. ''Let go of me right now! Our father is going to be so disappointed when I tell him what you did to me!'' he yells.

''Our father sent you here alone! Can't you listen to me for a minute! I'm trying to explain to you that he is guilty for everything bad that has happened to us! He took Dahlia away from us and he lied to us! How can you go back to him after everything he has done'' I yell at him.

''He took Dahlia away from you! She was only close with you and no one else! And you need to know the whole story before you judge our father so quick, she was a little whore that's why he killed her!'' Mike yells and I slap him, his head turns to the side. ''Don't say another word'' I warn him.

He just looks up at me and smiles at me as I see the rope being torn apart and he's holding a knife in his hand. ''Harry was right, father just wanted me to take you home so he could kill you as well'' he says and my eyes widen. He cuts my arm with the knife and I wince as his knife falls on the ground because he was trying to get as far away from here and as fast as he can.

I pick up the knife and I look at my arm and see blood running down from the cut but I ignore it and I start to go after him. I can not believe that my brother did this to me, I never knew he had the guts to do this to his own sister, and here I was trying to help him get away from Harry. Harry was right, I know that Mike is my brother but he just proved that he didn't feel the same towards me, as I did for him.

I see Harry coming towards me, he's dragging Mike in front of him as he looks at me angrily and Mike tries to struggle out of his grip. I go towards him and I give Mike's knife to Harry angrily as Mike looks at me like a lost puppy. ''Do what you want'' I say to him and walk away from them, the tears run down my cheeks as I climb up stairs and after a few minutes, I feel someone grabbing my wrist and stopping me.

I turn around and see it's Harry, he looks angry and disappointed as he looks down at me. ''What the fuck were you thinking?'' he asks me, a little louder than it was necessary as he grips my forearm and starts to drag me to the kitchen, he makes me sit down on one of the chairs and goes to search for something in the cabinets.

''I'm sorry- I thought-'' I say as more tears run down my cheeks and I can't form a coherent sentence, I am shaking, still in shock that my brother could do that to me. ''What you thought that you would let your brother free and you would be a happy family again! Stop being so naïve'' he yells at me as he takes something from the cabinets and I see it's a first aid kit.

''You were right Harry- I'm sorry- he told me- my father wanted to kill me'' I say to him as he comes towards me and sits across from me, he puts the first aid kid on the table and opens it. ''I know, I heard!'' he yells as he takes out a piece of cotton and puts something on it. He applies it to my arm and I wince, that stings really bad.

I flinch away with my arm, but he grabs my wrist and holds me in place. ''Hold still'' he says, angrily. I don't think he notices how tight he's holding my wrist, but he's cutting my circulation, I don't think he knows that he's doing this or that he is doing this on purpose, I think he just doesn't have control over his strength.

''Harry, stop, you're hurting me'' I say and yank my wrist from his strong hold, his eyes widen as he realizes and he lets go of me, I see the marks where he held my hand and Harry frowns at me. ''I'm sorry'' he says but I stay quiet. I brush my tears off, with my hand.

''Don't ever do that again!'' he continues to yell and he takes out a bandage and starts wrapping it around my injured arm. ''I'm sorry but if it was your brother, you would have done the same thing'' I say to him, calmly. ''Don't compare your brother with mine, you're family is so much more fucked up than mine!'' he yells and I look down. ''I know that now'' I say as he finishes with the bandage.

''Everything bad that has happened to you was because of your father'' Harry repeats what I said to Mike earlier. ''Did you mean that about me, too?'' he asks me, in a much calmer tone. ''Fifteen minutes ago, I would have said yes, but right now, I don't even know'' I say to him and he nods.

''I wanted you to have something'' he says as he takes out a black box from his pocket and puts it on the table in front of me. ''I don't want to fight anymore, I want it to be like before'' he says and I take the little box in my hands as I slowly open it. I see a beautiful ring, a simple ring with a diamond on it, it's beautiful.

''Harry I-'' I stop myself, I don't know what to say. He takes the ring and puts it on my finger carefully as he looks at me and I smile at him. ''This is not an engagement ring, this is a promise ring'' he says slowly as I look up at him. ''I promise you that I will always be here for you'' he says.

I lean into him and kiss him on his lips softly and gently, he kisses me back immediately as he puts his hands on my cheeks. ''I love you'' I say to him carefully. ''I love you'' he says.

*

Because I was so tired, I fell asleep after that but when I woke up, I went to find Harry. He wasn't in his office, neither was he in the kitchen or his living room and I finally heard voices coming from up stairs and I went there. I open the door of the room and I see a very young woman, younger than me, lying on the bed and looking up at Harry, who holds a small baby in his hands.