Chapter 15

''A million waves in the ocean crash at once to make you smile''

Harry's POV:

I want to know how far I can push her, I want to know how she reacts under pressure and all I see are tears in her eyes as she looks at me, her full lips parting as she looks at me, her eyes wondering around my face to detect any emotion but I show her none, my face remaining hard. She finishes her second glass of wine and I decide to fill her glass one more time to see if she gets drunk enough to tell me all of her secrets and desires.

''You're impossible, Harry Styles'' she says smiling at herself, her words are slightly slurred but I can see her trying to keep back her tears. She didn't deserve me in her life, she doesn't deserve to be so hurt by the cruelty of this world and I have this inhuman desire to protect her from the evil there's out there. The servants come in the room for the third time tonight, with plates in their hands, I frown when I see that Arabella didn't even touch her food, she doesn't have an appetite lately and I don't blame her, I don't want her to get sick though. They place the dessert in front of me and the other servant slips on the carpet and Arabella's dessert falls on the ground, I stand up from the chair angrily, making it screech against the floor as I look at the servant.

He looks up at me in fear as I fume in anger. ''I'm s-so s-sorry, s-sir'' he says trying to pick it up. ''I'm s-s-sorry miss Maxwell'' he says. ''It's fine, I wasn't going to eat it anyway'' she says politely and I glare at the both of them. I take out the gun from the back of my jeans and point it at him, Arabella's eyes widen and she stands up from her chair as she comes towards me. ''N-no p-please s-sir'' the servant says as he looks at me fearfully. ''Please Harry, there is no need to take an innocent life'' Arabella says as he touches my chest, I look down at her and she becomes scared when she sees the angry look in my eyes. She hasn't seen me in this state, she hasn't seen my murderous look that everyone is afraid of. I look at her and she takes a step back away from me, she places her hand on the gun slowly and bravely and lowers it, not braking eye contact with me. ''Please don't'' she says as I let her take the gun from my hand. ''Leave'' she turns to look at the servant and he stands off the floor fast as he leaves the room, thanking her.

''There is no need for this night to end badly, Harry'' she says gently and puts the gun on the table as she goes to sit on the chair again, I watch her every movement and calm myself down. Not only did I not kill her when she was supposed to die but now I give her the power to control me, I can not show mercy and be so weak, I can't let her control me with her kindness and gentleness. ''Everything is alright Harry'' she says making me focus on her face, my mind drifted off to other places. I decide to keep myself together, this dinner was going well until that servant ruined it but I'm going to continue it, as if it didn't happen.

''Now that your sister's death is resolved, what do you want to do with your life?'' I ask her, continuing the conversation. She looks surprised at my mood swings and she seems confused as to how I can shift from angry to chill in a few seconds. ''Nothing is resolved'' she says, drinking from the wine. ''Even if I wanted to do anything, I'm stuck here'' she says and laughs a little bit, I don't think she finds this situation funny, it's the alcohol that does this to her, or she tries to be brave.

''I can let you go when I manage to save you from yourself Arabella'' I say to her and she looks at me curiously, not understanding what I just said, I smile at her. ''The moment you let me help you will be the moment you realize how easy it is to let go and get over the pain and I am willing to save you, before you manage to destroy yourself'' I tell her and reach for her hand across the table, I put it on top of hers and she just looks at me with her big blue innocent eyes, she tries to see if I'm genuine and I truly am. I want her to trust me and I want to show her she can trust me. ''That's enough of that, love'' I tell her and grab the glass of wine. ''Come, I want to show you something'' I say and stand up, she does as well and follows me.