Chapter 48

Chapter 48

It has been a month since I delivered the baby. Delivering the baby was the hardest thing and the most physical and emotional exhaustion I have ever felt in my life. I never thought that this would be so unbearably painful but it was worth it. When I looked at his little face, I fell in love with him, he is so precious and beautiful.

I couldn't think of a name yet and I didn't want to make the decision without Harry. All I've done is sleep, lay in bed and breastfeed the baby, but today, I'm getting out of bed because I feel better and I can't lie anymore, it has been the most boring month of my life.

I go to Harry's room, I have visited him only once since I gave birth to tell him the good news and I miss him. I see a doctor and a nurse in his room, they're checking him.

''Mrs. Styles'' the doctor says and my eyes widen, well this is a first, I'm still technically not married to Harry, we only got engaged but this sure sounds nice to hear. ''I think we should get him off the life support'' he says and my smile drops. ''What? No!'' I say and he sighs.

''I'm sorry, but the longer he is in a coma, the less likely it is for him to wake up'' he says and I shake my head. ''He will wake up'' I say. ''It's just giving you false hope, he is not really alive'' he says and tears form in my eyes. ''How could you say that! Of course he is alive, he is just sleeping!'' I yell, I get very angry when someone tells me that Harry is not going to wake up.

''He has been like this for 10 months and we haven't had any response yet, I think we're just wasting your money with the machines'' he says. ''I don't care about the money! He will wake up, you'll see!'' I yell. ''You are not allowed to take him off of life support and if you do, I will kill you! If you don't want to treat him, I will find a better doctor'' I say and he looks down.

''Leave now!'' I yell and he takes his equipment with him and leaves the room. I kiss Harry's forehead and close the door as I get out and go downstairs.

I see Evelyn with my baby in the kitchen, she is playing with him, Miles is here with Kayla and Bella as well, I smile at them. Evelyn gives me the baby and I hug him and give him a kiss on his little chubby cheek. He brings joy in my life.

''What happened? I heard yelling'' Evelyn asks me concerned. ''The doctor wants to take Harry off of life support'' I say and her eyes widen. ''No way'' she says and I nod. ''I agree, I know he will wake up'' I say. ''Don't let that doctor come here again, I will find Harry a better one'' Miles says. ''Thank you'' I say.

I go over to Bella and kiss her forehead, she is one year old now and she just said her first word. ''How are you? Are you feeling better?'' Evelyn asks me and I nod. ''Yes, much better, I'm done with the bed'' I say and everyone chuckles.

''I thought I would bring the baby to meet Harry today'' I say and everyone smiles. ''He hasn't seen him yet?'' Kayla asks me. ''No, I couldn't get up from bed and I wanted to do it myself'' I say and she nods.

We eat breakfast together and when they leave, I feed the baby, after I'm done, I change his diaper and take him to Harry's room.

We haven't made him his own room yet, we just bought a crib and a changing table for him and he is sleeping in my room. I wanted to do that with Harry. I sit down next to him and hold our baby in my arms. ''This is your baby'' I say to Harry and touch his hand.

''This is your father little one'' I say to my baby and bring his little hand to Harry's. The heart machine beeps loudly as if his heart rate is increasing and I look at it and my heart starts beating fast. ''Harry?'' I ask.

I take the baby and get out of the room. ''Evelyn call the doctors!'' I say and hear running, she comes up stairs looking panicked. ''What happened?'' She asks me. ''Call the doctors immediately, I- I think he's waking up'' I say and her eyes widen.

*

Looking at Harry's beautiful eyes makes my heart warm and I feel so relieved. The doctors are checking everything and running around him and I just stand there and can't seem to stop smiling.

''Hello baby girl'' I hear Harry's raspy voice and a few tears run down my cheeks as I go towards him and sit down next to him. I take his hand in mine and kiss it. ''You came back to me'' I say and he smiles. ''I promised'' he says and points to the necklace I put around his neck as my eyes widen.

''You heard?'' I ask him. ''I heard everything and I tried to respond but when I felt my son's hand on mine I knew it was time to wake up'' he says and I don't hesitate to put my lips against his and kiss him as hard as I can.