Chapter 13

''Because baby, I'm the one who haunts her dreams at night''

Arabella's POV:

My breath hitches in my throat, my palms get sweaty and I already feel the tears in my eyes starting to form, my breathing is uneven and my heart is pounding so hard, we don't dare to get out of the car because we know what's following. Harry will yell at me or worse, he will hurt me and he will yell at his brother as well more this time because he took me with him and I feel very bad for him.

''I'll take the blame'' Miles says and I shake my head. ''You don't need to do that, I-'' I start to say but he cuts me off. ''Don't worry Ari, he can't do anything to hurt me'' Miles says as he gets out of the car and walks towards Harry, I get out as well, but stay in my place, not daring to go towards him.

''Where have you been?'' Harry asks, his voice is calm which scares me even more, he crosses his arms in front of his chest as he glares at us. ''We went for a ride'' Miles says calmly and Harry looks at him. ''I know this was your idea given that you've done this in the past'' Harry says to him and Miles nods his head. ''But did you have to take her with you?!'' Harry yells now and I flinch away. He scares me beyond anything.

''I saw she was bored, I'm sorry Harry I didn't do it maliciously'' Miles says and Harry's eyes soften. ''This is the last time you do this! Do you know what will happen if police catch you driving without a license?!'' he yells at him and Miles bows his head down. ''Yeah... but you would bail me out'' Miles says and Harry looks at him angrily. ''Miles that is such a wrong way to think! This comment makes you look like such a brat! I hope you don't depend on me your whole life because I am not going to be always here!'' he yells at him and Miles stays silent. ''This has been going on for months and I have let you go easily but what you did right now crosses a line! And it fucking stops now!'' he yells so loud that it makes me brave enough to take a step forward. He has no right to yell at him and curse at him like that, Miles is just a kid and he will do mistakes, how else would he learn.

''She could have escaped, do you know how angry that makes me?!'' Harry continues yelling at him. ''Well you shouldn't keep her locked up, you have no right'' Miles says to him bravely. ''I decide what is wrong and right! I'm the adult and you shouldn't teaching me any lessons when you're the one who's wrong!'' Harry continues yelling and I think it's time for me to interfere, Miles doesn't deserve this.

''Harry I think you're angry with me right now and you're taking it out on your brother'' I say to him quietly and he looks at me. ''Go inside'' Harry says to Miles and I take in a harsh breath as I see Miles walking inside the house.

''How could you support his behavior and even going so far as encourage him to do this! Do you fucking now that it could ruin his entire life if he gets caught by the police?!'' he yells at me. ''I know, I understand now, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking about the consequences'' I say to him. ''Obviously!'' he yells and I take a step back.

''Should I even fucking mention that you got out of your room without my permission and left the fucking house!'' he yells so loud and I see he's trying to control himself, who knows how much he would like to hit me right now. ''I didn't escape Harry, that was never my plan, I'm sorry'' I say to him again, calmly. ''And what the fuck were you doing with my gun?'' he asks me and comes towards me as I take a step backwards. ''N-nothing'' I stutter, his closeness jumbles up my mind. ''Don't lie!'' he yells and I flinch. ''I'm not lying, I found it and looked at it, I didn't do anything with it'' I say to him. ''Why the fuck were you even in my office?'' he asks me. ''I was bored'' I admit. ''So you decided to snoop through my stuff! What did you find?'' he continues interrogating me. ''Nothing that I already don't know'' I say to him and he huffs.

''Go in your fucking room'' he says and closes his eyes again. ''I'm really sorry, Harry'' I say again before walking inside the house and going to my room.

I was running, so fast, trying to escape the men running after me, I couldn't see their faces but I knew they were trying to hurt me. I felt so scared as I tried to control my breathing, my feet splashed harshly to the puddles of water on the ground as rain kept pouring on top of me. I was cold, afraid and alone, I was helpless, no one can save me from them, I can't even save myself. I feel extremely tired, my legs hurt so much and I'm experiencing pain everywhere in my body, I turn and continue running through the alley until I see a huge wall in front of me, there's no where else to run. I'm going to die. ''You can't run from me'' I hear a creepy voice as the footsteps approach, there is more than one, I can hear them, I cower against the wall and try to catch my breath as I look ahead of me, trying to see their faces, but the darkness of the night doesn't let me. ''I will always find you'' the man continues and I am able to see him right in front of me now, he holds a gun in his hands and it is aimed at me. ''Please don't'' I say to him weakly, I'm exhausted, I can't fight anymore. He laughs at my helplessness and I look at him, he is my father, my eyes widen when I see him. Why would he want to kill me? I don't understand anything, I want to scream at the top of my lungs, I feel like I'm going mad and I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. ''Dad?'' I ask again but he stays silent. ''Dad please!'' I yell at him this time. ''Why would you do this? Dad!'' I yell as loud as I can, with my last strength left. ''Because I want to kill you'' he says and I look at him in disbelief. ''Please don't kill me!'' I yell again. ''Goodbye, Dahlia'' he says, Dahlia? The last thing I see and hear is a gun shot.

''Arabella! Arabella! Wake up!'' I hear someone yelling and I open my eyes and push the person in front of me, away as I scramble at the end of the bed, my breathing is uneven as I try to focus on what is in front of me. I'm in a room, the room I have been sleeping in lately and Harry is sitting on my bed, I am really confused right now and I look around me to make sure this is reality. ''My sister is dead'' I say to him and feel the tears on my cheeks. ''Yeah, I know that'' he says as he looks at me concerned. ''Dahlia is dead?'' he asks me and I furrow my eyebrows. ''Yeah, I just said that, why did you repeat it?'' I ask him and he sighs. ''I was just making sure you understand'' he says and I look away from him, I need some time to calm down.

''You were screaming'' he says quietly and I look at him, his hair is messy and he looks really tired, his voice is raspy, I guess I woke him up. ''I'm sorry'' I say as I brush my cheeks, I can feel the tears against them. ''There's nothing to be sorry about, Arabella, want to talk about it?'' he asks me and I shake my head 'no'. ''Do these happen often?'' he asks me and moves a strand of my hair behind my ear. ''Yeah'' I say and look at him in the eyes. ''I'm sorry I woke you up Harry'' I say to him and he rubs his eyes, tiredly. ''Go back to sleep now, love'' he says and I put my knees to my chest and hug them. ''No! I can't go back to sleep after that'' I say to him and he sighs.

''Fine, come with me'' he says and stands off of the bed, I look at him suspiciously but decide to follow him downstairs. He walks in the living room and sits on the couch, I sit as well and wrap my body in a blanket. He turns on the TV and puts a movie on, that night Harry watched movies with me until I fell asleep.