Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Arabella's POV:

''Shouldn't letting go be painless if you've never learned how to hold on?''

I wake up the next morning and see through the window that the sun hasn't even come up, I yawn and I look at the clock and see it's five in the morning. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom, I brush my teeth and wash my body and I step in the shower, I scrub my body and try to wash off everything that happened yesterday.

I get out of the shower, dry my body and I put on a pair of black jeans and a sweater, I take the bag that I took from my house, I put some clothes in it and I get out of the room. I don't know where I'm going to go but I have to get out of here.

I'm thinking of going to my sister's best friend Mark and ask him if I could stay there a couple of nights before I figure everything out. "Ari?" I hear Miles' voice as I reach the last step downstairs and I turn around to look at him.

"What are you doing up? It's early" I say to him. "Bella woke up and then I saw you" he says and I look down. "Where are you going?" He asks me. "I don't know, I have to get out of here" I say as tears form in my eyes, Miles comes closer to me.

"What happened? Is this about the fight you and Harry had?" He asks me, concerned. "It was worse, Miles" I say as a couple of tears fell down my cheeks. "What did he do?" Miles asks me, his face angry. "H-he r-raped me" I barely manage to say and Miles tries to hug me but I flinch as he gets closer, he is confused as to why and I realize he won't hurt me and I let him hug me.

"What the fuck?" He says as I cry in his chest and I feel his hand rubbing my back gently. "I'm going to fucking kill him" he says and I shake my head and move away from him. "It's fine, I am going to leave I can't be in this house" I say to him and he nods.

"I understand, Ari but at least wait a couple of hours, I'll find you a driver and a place to stay, maybe our old apartment" Miles says and I nod, sadly. "What the fuck?" I hear Harry's voice and I close my eyes before reopening them and I turn around.

Miles starts going over to him. "Miles don't" I try to stop him but he ignores me and goes over there, he punches Harry in the face and Harry's head turns to the side. "What the fuck? I didn't rape you" he says, he sounds like he's trying to convince himself.

"Harry, you were drunk" I say as I feel the tears coming again. Harry shakes his head as he looks at me waiting for me to say that it didn't happen, he obviously doesn't remember last night. We hear Bella crying, she must have woken up by Harry's yelling and Miles looks at me tiredly.

"I have to go, will you be fine here?" Miles asks me, I want to say 'no'. I want to tell him to stay, I don't want to be alone with Harry, I'm afraid of him but I don't want to be selfish, his baby is crying I'm not going to make him stay here. I nod and he walks up stairs, but not before giving Harry a warning look.

"Please tell me I did not do this" he says as he comes closer to me, closer than I can bear. "That's enough" I stop him and he looks at me with a pained expression. "Please Arabella tell me I didn't do this" he says. "I can't" I tell him as a few tears slip down my cheeks, he looks down and his eyebrows furrow when he focuses on something.

He grabs my hand to look at the bruises he caused but I flinch away from him. "Let go of me" I start to panic and he lets go immediately when he sees how scared I am. "Don't touch me" I say quietly and he takes a step back. "Okay, I won't. Just calm down" he says slowly and looks at me in the eyes.

"I am so sorry for what I did to you, I have no control when I'm drunk and angry. I am so sorry, Arabella, I hope you'll be able to forgive me" he says to me and I shake my head. "I want to go" I say to him as I continue crying. He tries to come to me but I flinch away. "It kills me that you won't let me comfort you" he says.

"Harry I cant stay here" I say to him. "I cant let you go, it's not safe for you" he says. "I just want to go, please Harry, let me go" I say to him and he sighs. "Can you at least let me give you my driver and one of my safe houses where you can stay?" Harry asks me and I think about it.

I have no where to go and I decide on agreeing with Harry. "This way I know you will be safe, I wont come there, I won't bother you, you'll be alone" he says and I nod. "Alright" I say and he gives me a small sad smile. "I'm sorry you have to go" he says and I decide not to say anything.

I cant talk to him anymore like I used to, everything has changed from last night, I don't feel the same way about him anymore. Every time I look at him all I see is his scary face from last night. I cant trust him anymore, I cant trust him to keep me safe, I'll have to start doing that for myself now.

I drown out Harry's voice as he makes a couple of calls and he tells me that the driver will be here shortly. I take my bag from the floor and start to go to the door, but Harry stops me. "Here, you can have this" he says and hands me a phone. "It has my number on it in case you need me and all of the boys' numbers and the driver if you want to go out you can call him and he'll take you" Harry explains and I take the phone from his hands, thanking him.

"I also wanted you to have this" he says and hands me a gun. "I have my own" I say quietly. "I know that, but just in case" he says and I nod, I take it and put it in the back of my jeans. ''I-I should give this back to y-you'' I say to him as I take out the ring he gave me but he stops me. ''It was a gift Arabella, you don't return gifts'' he says.

''You didn't keep your promise'' I say as my eyes start getting filled with water and he bows his head down. ''I'm sorry, baby'' he says and I stay quiet. If I say something else or continue being here I would start crying and I'm afraid I can't stop. "Can I kiss you?" He asks me, he looks so full of hope right now but I don't trust him, I cant let him anywhere near me. "I'm sorry, goodbye" I say as a tear slips from my eye and I turn around, not letting him see me cry.

I get out of Harry's mansion and see a guy dressed in all black waiting in front of a car. "Hello miss Arabella, my name is Jake" he says and I brush the tear off of my cheek. "Just Ari" I tell him and he takes my bag and puts it in the trunk before opening the door for me to get in the backseat.

"Is it far away from here?" I ask him as he starts driving. "Just 15 minutes from here" he says and I nod. I decide to look through the new iPhone Harry has bought me, he has downloaded a couple of games on it and I see that he put music in it as well. I almost want to call him and tell him that I miss him, I really will miss Harry. Not the Harry from last night, Harry from before, when we weren't fighting and when he cared enough to help me heal.

As Jake drives through the town, I look around the stores and I get an idea. "Jake could you please stop at a coffee shop?" I ask him. "Of course" he says and finds the nearest Starbucks as he parks in front of it. We both get out and I go in Starbucks, I order black tea with milk and as I wait for the order I see Liam and his girlfriend Stefanie.

"Hey" they both say and Stefanie hugs me. "Hey guys" I say to them. "I'm really sorry about what happened before Liam" I say to him and he smiles. "Don't worry love, all is forgiven" he says and I nod. "What's going on with you?" Sarah asks me almost too excited. "Where's Harry?" She asks me and I look at her nervously.

I see Liam digging his fingers in her hip and she grimaces, as if telling her to stop talking. "We decided to end what's between us, I'm moving out" I say to her and her face falls. "What? How are you doing?" She asks me sadly. "I'll be okay" I say to her. "Hey why don't you come hang out with us some time? We can cheer you up" she says and smiles, Liam surprisingly smiles as well. "Yeah you should come" he says and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know, I don't want to see Harry, you're his friends, I just need some time" I say to them. "Oh we won't invite, Harry, I promise" Liam says. "Really?" I ask him and he nods. "Well it's kind of weird for me to go out with Harry's friends" I say to them and they call me for my order, I take my tea.

"Stefanie and I are your friends as well and I want you to come, please" she says and I shrug. "Okay" I agree and she smiles and claps her hands, excitedly. "Here is my number" she says and takes my phone to put her number in it, she calls her cell from my phone to get my number and then gives me my phone back. "I'll call you when we decide when and where to go" she says and I nod.

"Thank you" I say before I say my goodbyes and get out of Starbucks. How can I get over Harry if I go out with his friends?