Chapter 46

Chapter 46

''How is everything?'' Kayla asks me as she takes Bella from me to feed her. ''Everything is fine, the baby is healthy, I have an appointment today with the gynecologist'' I say and she nods. ''I don't think it's safe for you to go out, right now'' Miles says. ''No, the gynecologist comes with her equipment here'' I say and Miles nods.

''I would never let her get out of the house, she's my prisoner for the time being'' Evelyn says and winks at me as everyone laughs. ''She treats me like a princess, so I wouldn't call this prison'' I say.

''Zayn came here yesterday and checked the whole house'' Evelyn says and gives me a cup of tea as she gives everyone coffee, I've decided I don't want to drink coffee while I'm pregnant. It's not healthy at all and it's not good for the baby. ''He said that the guy came in through the back door, he broke the window and unlocked the door'' Evelyn continues. ''They're fixing that right now'' she says and I nod. ''Thank god, I couldn't sleep last night after that'' I say and she gives me a worried look.

''Well the guy's name is Thomas, he works for a rival gang, they hate Harry'' Miles says and gives me a file. ''Do they know Harry's condition?'' I ask him and he shakes his head. ''Right now, everyone thinks Harry is on a vacation, no one knows that he is in a coma'' Miles says and I nod. ''No one has to know, Harry and I are very vulnerable right now, if it wasn't for Evelyn.. I don't know what I would do'' I say as tears well up in my eyes again.

It makes me frustrated that I'm so emotional and can't contain myself, I was not raised to cry in a crisis, I was raised to fight. I am so sick of crying all the time, I feel like I can't take care of myself and in a few short months I won't have to take care of only myself, but my baby as well, I would be responsible for another human being. I can't cry every time I feel weak.

''Don't worry, I'm here now and all that matters is that we're all safe'' Evelyn says and I nod. ''My guess is, he wanted to kidnap you and trade you for something that Harry has and his gang needs'' Miles says and I sigh. I don't want this life for my child, I don't want to worry every time my child leaves the house. I want him to have a normal life away from this gang stuff.

''This will never happen again, Arabella and the baby will never be in danger again, I will make sure of it'' Evelyn says.

*

My heart warms up as I see my baby in the little screen and I feel relieved when I hear his heart beat. ''Your baby is healthy'' the gynecologist says and I smile as I look at Evelyn that is next to me, she's holding my hand for support.

I'm so grateful that Evelyn is here and that she is so kind to me, I owe her everything for what she did to me, I could never repay her. She is the greatest and kindest human being I have ever met. Harry is so lucky to have such a caring mother and I'm getting used to her living here, I want her to stay with us forever. I'm so glad that I have someone who is so selfless and understands my situation and that I don't have to worry that she would harm me and my baby, I am able to trust her completely with my life.

''Are you eating healthy?'' The doctor asks me. ''Yes, Evelyn makes sure I eat very healthy'' I say and the doctor nods. ''And do you exercise?'' She asks me again. ''Yes she does, but I don't think she has to do that anymore'' Evelyn says, she is always concerned that I put too much pressure on me and that something would happen to the baby. ''Exercise is good for the mother, but you're in your last trimester so I would advise you to just rest now'' she says and I nod.

''Do you want to know the gender?'' The doctor asks me and I look at Evelyn, she squeezes my hand gently and smiles at me. ''Sure'' I say and look at the doctor. ''It's a boy'' she says and I smile, it doesn't matter to me and it never did if it was a girl or a boy, I never even thought about it, except I for my curiosity. Evelyn gasps and looks so happy.

''I didn't want to mention this before we knew, but Harry always wanted a baby boy so he would be just like him when he grows up'' Evelyn says and I smile. ''Would you want a picture?'' The doctor asks me. ''No, I have enough pictures'' I say. ''But why, dear? This is the time the gender was revealed, we need that picture'' Evelyn says and I chuckle at her. She is more excited for this baby than I am. ''Okay'' I say and the doctor prints us a picture and gives it to me.

I wipe off the gel and the doctor leaves after she takes my blood and we pay her. We go in the kitchen and eat dinner with Evelyn after that.

''Where would you like to deliver the baby?'' She asks me. ''I don't think I should go to the hospital, if it's safe I want the whole team of doctors to come to the house with the equipment'' I say and she nods. ''I'll have that arranged'' she says.

''I can't thank you enough for what you're doing for Harry and me, I've never had someone.. my mother never cared for me and helped me like you do. And for you to drop everything and live with me, that means the world to me'' I say and she smiles. ''Well of course, that's why I'm here'' she says.

''Harry will be so happy when he meets his baby, he was in great pain when he lost his first child''