Chapter 47

Chapter 47

''Harry will be so happy when he meets his baby, he was in great pain when he lost his first child'' Evelyn says and I drop my fork as I look at her. ''What?'' I ask, Harry has never told me about this. ''I'm-I'm really s-sorry, I taught you knew'' she says and I shake my head. ''What happened?'' I ask her.

''Harry impregnated a woman on accident, she didn't really mean anything to him- I feel awful for saying this.. but she was a one night stand and I could just tell she didn't love him, it was just for the money for her'' she start to tell me. ''Harry didn't want anything to do with her, but he wanted to have a child of his own, he wanted to have an heir, someone to inherit his gang after he was gone'' she says.

''But the girl was really careless with her pregnancy, I always scolded her, no one should be like that with my grandchild, she didn't care about the baby. Harry didn't like the mother to be her, he didn't want it to happen that way, but he was over the moon happy when he found out he was going to be a father, he always wanted that. Harry made a whole contract for her to pay her for the rest of her life but let him take care of the child and let him raise the baby and the child to live with him, she didn't even ask him to change the contract and to let Harry see the child on weekends or something, she didn't want it, she just wanted the money and she signed the contract so fast'' she says and I can't contain my facial expressions.

''That's awful'' I say, I can't understand that. A mother not wanting to have anything to do with her child and the baby wasn't even born yet, it's not the baby's fault and no one should have to grow up without a mother.

''Any way'' Evelyn continues. ''A rival gang found out about her pregnancy, kidnapped her, just like they tried to do with you and threatened Harry that if he doesn't give them 5 million dollars, they would kill the mother and the baby. Of course Harry transferred the money immediately, five million dollars is nothing to him compared to the life of his child. But they didn't stop there, they didn't let her go, they continued asking for money and Harry continued to give it to them and in the end they shot her and killed the baby'' Evelyn says and tears well up in my eyes. No one should go through that.

''Did she die?'' I ask her. ''No, she is alive, Harry is still paying her money and he will continue to do so for the rest of her life because he feels bad for her but when we visited her in the hospital and told her about the baby, she didn't even shed a tear, she was fine'' I couldn't believe that happened to Harry, he never told me about this.

''Harry was devastated, he was filled with sadness and anger and he became ruthless after that. He was very forgiving for a gang leader before that and he felt empathy for the people and gave people second chances but after that, he literally became a monster. It was like his humanity switched off, he killed the whole gang that killed his child and he changed completely'' she says as a few tears fall down my cheeks.

I knew that Harry wasn't a bad person, I knew that something like this happened for him to be so damaged and broken. No one is born evil, they pushed him over the edge and he dealt with the biggest pain anyone could imagine. Harry understood what it meant to lose someone you deeply love, he understood me when I talked to him about Dahlia, even though I never thought that he would understand that pain.

''Since that, Harry had a hole in his life, he was unfulfilled, he was like a robot, he filled his days with work to distract himself from the pain. That is why I appreciate you coming in his life, you picked up the broken pieces and put them back together, that is why I love you like my own daughter'' she says.

*

''Harry'' I say as I sit next to him with the baby picture in my hands. ''Our baby is healthy, it's a boy'' I say. ''I think he's waiting for you to wake up so he can come out'' I say and laugh through the tears falling down my cheeks.

''I want you to know that I love you so much and I'm still waiting, I know you're still in there and I know you will wake up'' I say. ''I will wait for eternity for you'' I say and brush my tears with my hands.

''I wish Dahlia was here.. actually I don't know, if Dahlia was alive I would have never met you and I would have never had the joy of giving birth to our baby, I would have never fallen in love like this. I always knew that people had soul mates, that we were made for each other. I want to have you and Dahlia both in my life, I want her to meet you and see what kind of a person you are and I want her to meet our baby, she would have been so happy for me and she would help me through everything'' I say and smile, thinking of her.

''But an angel was sent to me. Your mother is watching over me, she helps me and protects me, I'm so grateful to have her in this difficult time. She is the most caring person and if it wasn't for her, I would have fallen apart months ago, we owe everything to your mother'' I say to him.

''I put the promise ring you gave me on a necklace'' I say and put it on his neck. ''This will protect you and this is a promise to me that you will wake up.''