I Didn't Know (41)

Chapter 41: I Didn't Know

*Edited*
~ Rebecas POV ~

Do you know how it feels like to see someone you love to death get taken away from you in a split of a second?

I didn't know until I say Jaxon fall to the ground with a pool of blood surrounding him on the floor.

I didn't know until I saw the paramedics come in and take him unconscious body away from my grip.
I didn't know when I was told he had to have a major heart surgery since the bullet had punctured his heart.

I didn't know...

You will never know...

" Push in some EPI and get his IV fixed right now! I don't want to put another chest tube in today!" the doctor yells at the nurses as he tries to keep Jaxon from dying.

Some guards are holding me back since I'm not allowed to be close to him right now. Tears stroll down my eyes as I see a defibrillator brought in and then I see Jaxon retort upwards.

I gasp and turn around trying not to see it.

Everything hurts. My body aches by my eyes burn and my stomach feels twisted and as if someone had punched me.

My heart feels like its about to fall out of my chest.

" Rebecca?!" I hear my name called out.

I turn around and see Rose, Jaxons mother walk up to me with her suit and heels on. Immediately she brings me into a hug as I break down.

" Oh honey, it must have been horrible witnessing that. Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine." She comforts me.

" H-hes in his room and they just brought him out of surgery. The doctor kicked me out..." I stutter.

" Don't worry hun, they're just doing there jobs." She says in a reassuring tone.

I can see the tears forming in her eyes. She wiped them away before they fall. Rose is known for being one of the most successful woman in the business industry. She's known for being strong and fierce, not weak or the type to cry.

That's why she wiped them away.

The doctor walks out taking off his gloves and stops infront of us. " Mrs Trey and Ms Rey, Jaxon is gonna be fine. His body had gone through a tremendous amount of stress especially because of emergency surgery. He should wake up in a couple of hours, maybe even in a few days." He says.

" So is he in a coma?" I ask.

" No. If you want to take it in detail he's in a deep sleep until he gets his strength back. He should and most definitely wake up sometime between this week." He adds.

" Rebecca, the police are here to ask you some questions. You should go over there." She points. "And I'll talk to Dr.Torrez here." She gives me a weak smile.

Everythings in slow motion right now.

To the way how people talk and even to the gurneys being pulled in from the emergency door. I look around seeing people with cuts and bruises and even a pregnant girl with bloody hands being examined.

" Miss."

" Miss!"

I wake up from my day dreaming and see two male police officers infront of me with a pen and notepad.

" Yea?"

" We were asking if you saw anyone outside your window?"

" Or anyone suspicious around your neighborhood or apartment building, recently?" the other asks.

I look back at the pregnant girl laying down being pulled away. Then I look back up at the police officers with furrowed eyebrows.

" No. No I didn't."

I sit down next to Jaxon seeing his chest lift up and down as he breaths. My heart jumps each time his breathing slows down.

My hands inlaced with his. His hands are cold not like his regular warm someone rough hands.

" I can't believe this happened to you." I cry.

I admire his beautiful face features. His plumbed red juicy lips are now pale. His closed eyes bring out his amazing long lashes. His perfectly shaped eyebrows are now relaxed instead of his tense look that his been wearing for the past couple of days.

" It should have been me who got shot again. I should be the one in the hospital bed, not you baby." I whisper as my hands softly touches his cheek.

" I want you to be awake and perfectly healthy, not in a hospital bed. I want to be at home eating Toster Strudels together while watching a movie. I want to hear your beautiful voice again against my ear." A tear falls.

I look down at the floor.

" I love you Jaxon."

" And I always will." I look up." Even through all the fighting we go through . Even through the jealousy and pettiness we share. I will always love you."

Quiet.

" Gosh I wish you would answer me." I chuckle lightly.

The bright light shines down on him. For a split second I can see his bright happy green eyes. I blink a few times trying to see clearly, but it was just my dreaming.

His eyes weren't open, it was just me going a bit crazy.

I wish I knew.

" I didn't know Jaxon. But what I do know is that I love you."

I didn't know.

-

-opinions? HAPPY FRIDAY!

-