Chapter 5

(Cameron)

Jean Pov:
His house was spacious, big enough for two families to live in. I could tell that at one point of time his house was cozy. But for right now he uses his exercise bike as a clothes rack. "Sorry it's dirty! Haven't had much time to clean. Usually my..." He stopped in his tracks. "Nevermind! Just make y'all self at home." Ace said walking away.  "Jean can I sleep with you tonight!" Rue said looking around the house. "I know I'm too big but big houses scare me." I laughed a little, "Yeah that's fine little punk. Go start unpacking and I'll be there to help in a minute." I walked around his house to examine his choice of furniture. On a bookshelf there was a picture of Ace and a girl. "She's beautiful." I said to myself while picking up the picture. "Yeah!" Ace said causing me to jump a little. "That's your girlfriend?" I raised my eyebrow. "Nah, we broke up!" He said taking the picture out my hand. "Oh,  yeah. I remember you and your brother was talking about it. " The room was completely silent for a long time.  "Aye, I'm sorry but look on the bright side. At least you're closer to meeting your soulmate." I smiled and went to help my sister unpack.

Ace Pov:
(2 weeks later)
"Wassup man!" My brother said dapping me up. DJ coming behind him. Cameron was my adoptive brother. My mom took him in when his parents passed in a car accident. "How's the block?" DJ said searching through my fridge. "Damn,  you need to go to the grocery store!"

"Man,  if you don't get out my fridge. You always eating." I laughed. "What the hell y'all niggas want anyways."

"It's a party on Main street, all the hoes going to be there! You down " Cameron said. "Hell yeah!" I said getting excited.

*Bump*

"Y'all hear that?" DJ said peeping his head out fridge. "Nah your ass just scary like always." Me and Cameron laughed. "Ain't he  though. Nigga scared of his on shadow."

"Man fuck y'all!" DJ said.

*Bump *

"You got somebody up there? " Cameron asked getting scared. "Man don't tell me your ass scared too, Nah ain't nobody up there!" I lied.

*Bump *

"Hell Nah bruh!" Cameron said "Something up there." He went upstairs with DJ on his tail.  They bust the guest room door open.  "Oh hell Nah" DJ said. I ran upstairs and there was Jean half naked giving them the stank eye.

"Damn! Can y'all fucking knock!" She screamed. "Man what the fuck this hooker doing in your guest room?" Cameron questioned. DJ looked at me confused, "Wait a minute! she's a prostitute?" DJ turned my way, "You really want to be captain save a hoe. Is she living here?" I could tell Jean was upset, I didn't know what to say. Over the past few weeks her and Rue have started to grow on me. I watched as she got up from the bed, slammed the door in our faces. "Oh so now, she slamming doors like she's paying bills!" DJ said upset.  "Man,  what Is your problem? You don't wife a hoe!" Cameron placed his hand on my shoulder. "Nothing, I'ma man and every since Tasha been gone.  I need somebody to take care of me. You know what I mean, I'm just fucking her that's it and then she's out the door. You know damn well I don't want no drug addictive hoe. "
.
.
.
.
"Ace,  Jean won't come out the room!" Rue said running to me as I walked through the door. "She's probably sleeping. Something you need to be doing." I said  "No,  she's been like that every since I got from school. She won't even talk to me.  Please help." I went into kitchen and grabbed a knife.
.
.
.
.
"Oh my god!" Rue started to panic as the door open.  " Go in the other room! Everything is going to be okay." I said picking Jean up and throwing her into the shower. "Jean! Jean!" I gently patted her face. "Oh, hey Ace. " A weak smile across her face. Water pouring over her skin, "Ace!" Her smiled quickly changed into a frown. "My hair,  you're messing up my damn hair." She yelled.

Jean Pov:
"What's this?" Ace handed me a cup.  "Orange tea,  it's going to help you feel better." He sat in the couch next to me. "Never had anything like this before." I laughed, "I feel like I'm some type of fancy princess."

"Yeah,  I'm sure you'll be the first crackhead princess." He sarcastically let out . "What the hell is wrong with you? You had Rue scared to death. Do you not get that you're all she has? What would had happen if you would've overdose. You want her to be in foster care?" He started to get loud. "Oh so now you care?" I stood up in his face, "You told your friends I'm nothing but a fuck right? Yeah I heard everything you said in the hallway. If you're so ashamed of me then we can just pack our shit and leave! If you didn't want to get involved you should've left me dead in that alley." He put his head down. "Look I'm sorry." He stood up. "Nah, fuck you Ace!"

"Don't be like that!" He grabbed my hands but I yanked them away. "Don't fucking touch me Ace!" He shook his head, "You and this damn attitude! Why can't you just trust in me." He circled around me. "You're not trustworthy." I started to turn red. "You need help Jean! And I'ma get you some help. "

"You don't know what I need! You don't even know anything about me!" I yelled at him. "Well let me, let me please Jean!" He yelled back . I took a deep breath, "My mom was abusive, she was a crackhead, she'll let any and every man touch me.  Just to get a lick of crack.  After a while she lost her job and I had to step up. One night I left to make money and she let somebody touch Rue. " I started to cry. I tried to kill her that night but Rue stopped me. One day she found me, almost killed me and left me in the alley."

"That's who you killed..." he said putting two and two together .  I didn't answer just put my head.  "I'm going to help you!" He said determined.  "No!" I yelled tears still in my eyes. "I'm going to help you!" He repeated. "Stop being so got damn stubborn, I don't care you what say!"

"Why! I must be so got damn special to you huh? You think I'm beautiful don't you? Or do you just want to fuck me? Which one is it Ace!" He was quiet, "Fucking answer me Ace!" I yelled. "It's not like that." He got very defensive. "Oh, really?" I said "I know you kind, all you do is use people to get with you want!"

"I'm not trying to use you." He sighed. "Then what the fuck do you want!" He grabbed me by the waist, pulled me in closer and kissed me.  I pushed him off and he fell on the couch. "Don't touch me!" I cried