Chapter 21

2 Months Later
Ace Pov:
"So how are they? " Jackie said sitting on the couch.
"All Jean does is sit in the room and my mom is recovery is getting better." I said sitting beside her. "Her memory? " She said putting her head down.
"Well she remembers some things but nothing about that day. " I grabbed her hand. "But I still pray so I know everything is going to be okay. " I gave a light smile. "Look there's something I need to tell you Zach. "
"What is it?" I tried to look in her eyes but she wouldn't look at me. "Oh my god!" She yelled.
"What's that's smell?" She started to hold her nose as Jean walked in.
"Jean? When the last time you bathe. " She looked disgusted.
"Probably a month." She opened the fridge.
"You have to shower Jean." I said worried.
"And you have to mind your own business. " She snapped at me, pulling cold pizza out the fridge.
"But what did you have to tell Ace? " She gave Jackie a look.
"Yeah what did you have to tell me?" I asked curious.
"Oh... " she thought for a moment. "Nothing!" She quickly let out.
"I totally forget. I think your smell is messing with my brain." She stood up. "I think I should go. " She hugged me.
"See you tonight." She kissed me on the cheek.
"Love you. " I yelled as she handed out the door.
"I love you too. "
"So you two are a thing again? " Jean said scratching her butt."
"Yeah, you can say that. " I said trying to read her.
"Wow. " She starred at me. Then walked away.

Jackie Pov:
"Did you enjoy the food? Cause you barely took a bite. " He said as I rolled my spoon in my mashed potatoes. "
"I couldn't eat. " I admitted.
"Why not? He asked confused.
"I have something to tell you Zach but promise me you won't be mad at me." I said grabbing his hands.
"I promise. " He stuck out his pinky and we locked ours together.
"I don't know how to say this... " I started to cry.
"Just let it out ." He rubbed my hand.
"Jean, she killed your father and shot your mom. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Please say something... "

Jean Pov:
"Jean isn't it? " She said walking into the quickly.
"Yeah. " I said continuing to chopped onions.
"Why are cooking at this time of night. " She asked.
"It's for Ace. " I admitted.
"Isn't he out on a date? " She asked confused.
"Yeah but he loves me ." I starred at her.
"You wanna be his mistress? " She asked standing behind me.
"I don't need to be. I can take him. " I said with confidence.
"Can I have give it a taste I'm starving. " She stirred the pot and tasted the sauce.
"It needs some kick. " She said putting cayenne in the sauce.
"I hate you. " I let out .
"Excuse me. " She had a puzzled look on her face.
"I hate you." I repeated
"I don't even know you. " She walked away slowly.
"Of course you don't remember me. Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Jean and I shot you in the back. " I stuck my hand out.
"What?" She said.
"You kept me locked in your basement for at least a year . Where you let your husband rape, beat and impregnate me. And sometimes you came down and made me eat you out. " I replied.
"Oh and by the way. I'm not sure who the father was because you also allowed your friends to rape me. "
"That's not true! " She slapped me.
"It very true. You're a sick woman. " I kicked her cane, causing her to fall.
"Listen here bitch, don't you ever put your hands on me again. " I looked around for a grocery bag.

"I hope you die in hell. " I said as I covered her face. I watched as she scrambled to get up.

Ace Pov:
Jean? Where the hell are you. We need to talk? " I yelled in the house.
"Help!" A voice called.
"Mom what happened to you? " "Jean. " she said weak.
"I should've known. Ima kill her. " I said clutching my fist
"Son. I forgive her. " She grabbed my hand.
"What? Hell no. That bitch deserve to die mom . She left you for dead. It's her fault. " I yelled.
"I deserved it. " She admitted.