Chapter 9

Jean Pov:
"Happy Birthday!" I howled, jumping on her bed. "Wake up, wake up!" I started to shake her. "Thank you!" Rue laughed, rubbing her eyes. "Here!" I said handing her a gift. "What is it?" She yawned . "Open it and find out silly."

"You remembered!" She hugged me. "You deserve it. I'm thinking about turning that last room into your own art studio. What you think about that?" She hugged her art book tighter. "You could paint the walls if you want. You could hang your pictures up. Whatever you want to do its your room." I patted her leg and stood up, "Come on breakfast is ready I cooked your favorite meal."
.
.
.
"You're getting old on me. Sooner or later you're going to be off to college. Do you think art is something you might want to study. Or is it just a hobby?" She stuffed a piece of bacon in her mouth. "I think I want to study it one day!" She continued eating, "You think one day you'll go back to school and go to college?" I thought for a moment, "Well I don't know. Haven't really thought about school lately. Maybe one day I'll apply for my GED but for right now I'ma just keep stacking them coins from Burger King." We both laughed.

Ace Pov:
"Happy Birthday lil mama!" I said hugging her. "Ace!" she yelled. "Thank you so much for coming!" She released our hug and looked me up and down, "Where's your swimsuit?" I laughed a little, "See you didn't tell me it was a pool party."

"I'll let you slide this time but don't let me catch you slipping." She pointed at the water guns. "You might end up wet." She laughed. "Where's your sister? I need to talk to her. " I asked looking around. "The last time I seen her she was in the kitchen preparing the food. "Alright, thanks lil mama." I kissed her on the head. "Go have fun and enjoy your day. "
.
.
.
"Who invited you?" She gave me a death stare.

"Dang, can I get a hello first before you give me attitude

"Dang, can I get a hello first before you give me attitude. I see you haven't changed one bit." I laughed. "But Rue did." She sighed a little bit, "You're lucky it's her birthday." She started back preparing the food and acted like I wasn't even there. I couldn't stop staring at her. She looked so beautiful, "Take a picture it'll last longer."She said. I could she was getting annoyed by me. "Is there a reason you're still in the kitchen? Rue's outside with her friends."

"Jean, I'm moving to Charlotte in three days." She paused for a moment, "Okay Ace. " Then continued with that food. "That's all you have to say? I don't get you Jean." I yelled. "What do you want me to say? You want me to tell you don't do it. You're going to have a family now. And forget about me and Rue. We never matter to you anyways."

"Jean that's not true. I care about you and Rue. " I tried to defense myself. "Oh really? The moment you let her back in your life is the moment you stopped caring. Because your perfect little world was put back together. When's the last time you called to check on us. You don't even bother to because you're a family man now. " She started to turn red. "It's not my baby Jean!" She looked so confused. "I keep thinking in my head. The dates don't add up. I'm pretty sure she got pregnant after we broke up. But I go along with because I'm in love with her. At least that's what I thought but lately that love has turned into resentment." I sighed "Look, I'm sorry okay. I still care about you. Just please let me show you." I kissed her lips passionately, "Don't ever do that again!" She slapped me, "It's too late anyways. I'm with somebody now. " She started to wipe her lips, "Oh, yeah. I heard about your little date."

"You jealous?" She laughed. "That's your problem, you want to control me and you can't. You can't have cake and eat it too." I shook my head. "You know me better than that Jean. I want us to actually have something.I want us to be a family. Me, you and Rue. "