Chapter 22

1 year later

Ace Pov:
"What are you doing here? " Tasha said opening the door.
"I'm here to see my son.  You know im not here to see your trifling ass. " I said fixing my hat.  "Oh,  so now he's your son. The last time I checked you didn't want shit to do with him. You remember? " She placed her hands on her hips. "Look Tasha I don't have time for your shit today.  Where's my son bitch!" I yelled. "Excuse me baby is there a problem at the door? " A man said walking half naked towards the door.  "And I know you didn't just call my lady out her name." He said stepping forward. "Chill out bae. " Tasha said kissing him.  "I don't have time for this shit. I just want to know where my son at? " I snapped interrupting their kiss.  "Oh, that cry baby lil shit. He's the state problem now. " He answered.  "What the hell Tasha. You put my son in the system. " I yelled, "You selfish ass bitch!"
"Yo,  what I done told you about that shit!" The guy said getting closer.  "Shut the hell up. This between me and her. " I threw my hat on the ground heated. "I'm selfish but you left my ass with nothing but a child. It's not my fault I couldn't take care of him. " She started pointing her hand in my face.  "Bitch,  how about get a damn job!" I yelled.  "Bitch? " He said. "Tasha please let me get on his ass."
"You know what go ahead baby. " She said walking back into the house.

Jackie Pov :

"Zach." I said making him jump.   "Why are you in here in the dark baby." I flipped the lights on.  He was drinking and scrolling through pictures on his phone. "I think you had too much to drink." I took the cup from his hands.  "What happened to your face , did Tasha do this ?" I said checking out his face. "No. " He replied.  "Regardless, let me help you. " I said.  "No!" he yelled slamming his phone on the ground . "Did you atleast get to seem him?" I asked.  He didn't say a word. "What's with you. " I said picking up his phone.  "Why are you looking at pictures of them? " I asked getting mad. He was silent, "I know you hear me talking to you." She placed her hands on her hips. "ZACHARY!" I yelled. "She's dead. And it's my fault." He said taking the drink from my hand and his phone . "Who's dead baby?" I asked confused.  "Rue. It's all over the news. Her body was found naked in a lake. " he said quietly. "Baby it's not your fault. " I said hugging him. "Yes it is I let her leave." He shook his hand in disbelief.  "And on top of that Tasha put my son in the system. " Ace threw the glass across the room." Calm down baby."I rubbed his chin . "Listen its not your fault. And it's not your baby anyways, once a child is in the system, it's hard to get them out you know that but we need to focus on something more important like our wedding. " I kissed him on the forehead.

Jean Pov :
"My sister was all I had. She loved everybody and everybody loved her. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Today I failed as a guardian and as big sister . When you're young you always think the big sister time would be before the little one.  But your god had a different calling.  And it's unfair. What kind of God would do this to an innocent girl. She didn't deserve this.  If anything I did. " I said looking at the people of the church. "Somebody get this child,  she's hurting. " A lady called out.  "No!" I yelled "Let me finish. "I took a deep breath. " In my life I killed three people. I used to sell pussy for a living and I'm only twenty . Didn't even finish high school. And it's crazy cause I did all that for her.  I wanted to protect her and now she's gone. And no good god would put me through hell for no reason.  God's not real " I wiped a tear from my eyes and left the podium and went outside.
"What the fuck are doing here? " I said heading straight for Ace face.  " He quickly grabbed my arms and held me in for a hug.
"I'm sorry Jean. I'm sorry. " He said getting on his knees.  "Forgive me please. "He said crying on my legs.