Chapter 13

(Jackie)

Ace Pov:
"Who is this?" I questioned looking at the mystery girl.  "This is Jackie, she's the caretaker your dad hire. she's going to help you with your therapy." Tasha stated.  "Yeah you're going to be walking in no time,  they don't call me the best for nothing!" Jackie said with a smile. "Well I'ma leave you two to it,  my feet are killing me. I'm going to lay down for a while. " Tasha kissed me and left for upstairs. "So Mr. Zachary Harvey." She read off a piece of paper. "Ace!" I interrupted her. She looked confused. "Call me Ace!"

"Okay Mr. Ace. So what I like to do first is check your mental state a lot of patients tend to become depressed after an accident as yourself. Especially since sometimes, one month, can turn into two, two into year. You get the point." I didn't say anything my mind was on Jean. I couldn't believe she hasn't returned any of my calls or texts. It's been a week. "Did you understand the question Mr. Ace?" She said "I don't mind repeating it again."

"Yeah can you repeat the question." I said, stopping my thoughts. "If you could wish for anything right now, what would it be?" I looked at her for a moment, "Is anything I say private between me and you?"

"Of course." She flashed me a smile. "Well, I would wish for it to be Jean instead of Tasha."
.
.
.
"Okay can you try and wiggle your big toe for me?" She asked untying my shoe. She watched as I struggled and said, "It's okay it's just day one. We're going to get there day after day. I promise Ace. " She started to massage my feet, "Can you feel this?"

"No." I shook my head.

Jean Pov:

"You're going to work today?" Rue asked. "No,  I have to handle something important today." I replied. "But I should be here when you get off from school." I smiled. "Good, because Ima need help with my homework." I started to laugh, "Girl you know you're smarter than me." I stared at her, " I want you to be better than me Rue.  I only talk to you because nobody never ever talked to me. And things would probably be different if they did.  I love you, have a good day at school."
.
.
.
"Where have you been Jean?" Mr. Harvey asked following me into the house. "I had to take my sister something for school." I lied. "But I told you that I'ma be here at 12:30, it's 1." He looked at his watch. "Sorry I was a little late." I sighed. "It's okay babe, everything is going to be okay now that you're pregnant!" He rubbed my belly. "Wait, how do you know that?" I gasped. "My wife, apparently she does know about you. But it's all good babygirl I told her. I wasn't leaving you or our child." He smiled.  "I'm, I'm..." I started to stuttered. "What is it?" He looked concerned. "I'm not pregnant anymore!" he started to walk towards me.  "What do you mean? " He asked confused. "I had an abortion. I didn't want to ruin your family. I didn't think you would want the baby." He quickly snatched me by the neck, "How dare you!" He yelled.  "Please stop!" I begged "You're hurting me. " He threw me on the table, "I'm going to kill you like you killed our baby!" He tighten his grip around my neck.  My sight started fading.
.
.
.
When I woke up, I was chained in the dark. A door open and someone was walking closer to me.  "Please don't hurt me,  I'm sorry!"

"It's me Viva" She said handing me a cup. "Drink this!" I looked inside the cup,  "It's nothing that's going to hurt you. Like I said where both in the same boat. You're trapped here just like me now. " She started to rub my hair as I cried myself to sleep.

Ace Pov:

Slow down lil mama. What do you mean you think something happened to her.

The house is a mess and she's not answering her phone. She said she would be here and she's not

Okay,  okay stop crying. I'll get somebody to bring you to my house. You can stay until she shows up.  Don't called the cops I'll handle it.