Chapter 20

Jean Pov:
"So let me repeat your statement one more time. You've been locked in Mr.Harvey basement for at least a year." The officer said reading the paper on the clipboard. "That's correct officer." I said laying in the hospital bed."And a couple of hours ago Mrs. Harvey freed you and Jackie." The officer said looking up from the clipboard
"Yes sir." I said with a weak smile. "And you then you heard gunshots." He raised his eyebrow.
"Excuse, I don't recall stating that at all." I said side eyeing him.
"Are you trying to get me to change my story because I'm not." I started to cross my arms
"I'm the victim here. I didn't do anything wrong." I hardly pushed his clipboard."You know what. Can I get the number to your head office?"

"Umm... Why?" He asked confused
"So I can tell them how much of a jackass you are!" I pointed my fingers in his face.

"Woah! Woah. Woah. Is there a problem here." Ace said walking into my room.
"Ace." I said surprised
"No it's not a problem sir. " The officer responded fear in his voice.
"Good. If you don't mind could you give us a moment please." Ace said calmly.
"Sure. " The officer left and we just stared at each other in silence.
"Oh my god. It's really you. I thought I was never going to see you again."  I opened up my arms to embrace in a hug.
"Yeah. It's me baby. I miss you so much. " He kissed my cheeks. I started to cry. I missed him,  I missed his voice,  his smell and his touch.
"You don't have to cry. I promise.  I'll never leave you again." He wiped my eyes.
"I missed you too. " I said with a smile. "Wait. Where's Rue?" I looked at the door waiting for her to come in behind him.
"Huh?" He said slowly releasing his grip.
"What do you mean huh? Jackie said she was with you. That's she was safe. " I said panicking.
"Jean I need to tell you something baby. But I don't know how to." He got on his knees.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Rue ran...  Rue ran away. " He stuttered."I'm sorry Jean. Its my fault, it's all my fault. I didn't try to stop her.  She's been missing for one week. " My world stop spinning. "Get away from me!" I yelled and started pushing him. "Get away from me now Ace! I hate you. " I slapped him.
"No,  Jean please don't push me away.  I just got you back. " He grabbed my arms.
"Let me go now! Leave now! Get out my.... Ouch!" A sharp pain rumbled in my stomach
"Are you okay ?" He asked standing up.
"Oh my god.  It hurts ..." I squeal at him.
"Somebody.  I need a doctor..." Ace yelled running out the door.
.
.
.
.
"PUSH,PUSH,PUSH" The doctor said holding my legs.
"I can see the head." A nurse yelled.
"Push a little bit harder honey. It's almost over." The doctor said with a smile.
"It's a girl. " The doctor said holding a baby.
"Can I hold her?" I said with a weak smile. The nurses and doctor look around at each other. "Can I hold my baby please." I asked again.  I couldn't hear my baby crying.
"I'm sorry.  Mrs. Pelton but she's a still born. " The doctor didn't even look at me.
"Just let me hold my damn baby. Please " I begged.
"Should we let her? " A nurse whispered "Shhh." The doctor said handing me my baby.
"Hello baby. I'm your momma. Momma Jean. " I touch her little nose. " I don't know if I was going to be good at this but I know I would've tried. I just want you to know I'm happy you're in heaven right now. Atleast you get chance at happiness because the world we live in wasn't made for a beautiful soul like I know yours was. " The whole room was silent.
"When you turned five I would've helped you ride a bike. When you was turned fourteen. You'll probably have a crush and I'll tell you.  You don't need a man to be happy cause you were strong. Eighteen I would've watched you walk the stage at graduation and I would've been so proud. My momma never did that for me. She was never there and I wont every get that chance either. " I was crying nonstop. I admire my babygirl. "You look just like Rue. You would've been beautiful Taylor."

Ace Pov:
"How is she?" Jackie asked as I walked into her room.
"She's not doing well. She hates me and I understand. She basically has nobody right now. The doctor wants her to stay overnight for a couple of days." I said
"Oh okay." She said sad.
"Look Jackie I'm sorry that my dad did this to you. I want to make it up to you but I know I truly can't." I said grabbing her hand.
"It's not your fault Ace. " She said with a smile.
"I'm just happy I'm alive. I think you should go check on your mom."
.
.
.
.
"I'm so sorry mom.  If I could I would bring him back alive and kill him again. It's took everything for you. " I was holding her hand. Talking to what seems to be a lifeless body.
"But the good thing is the doctor says you may be able to walk again." I said as the doctor walked in.
"Excuse me.."  He said.

"I'm sorry doc.How long do you think she's going to be in a coma?" I started wiping my eyes.
"Well it depends on the person." He looked through her paper work "She hit her head pretty hard but don't stop talking to her.  In many cases it helps the patients."