Chapter 108~!

I'm feeling really poetic today, not sure why... Does it show in this chapter?

--------------------------------

Wait... Why was she feeling this way? What in the world could possible justify the anger, the rage, the jealousy boiling in her scathing heart?

Carlea Jones, soon to (hopefully) be Carlea Beilschmidt, was sitting in an armchair in the living room of Germany, Prussia, and Kate, while the latter two of that list cuddled ever-so-romantically as the movie on the television set played on. Said movie was of no interest to the brunette with the scarlet streak in her hair; her attention was on Prussia, the ex-nation that looked so much like Carlea's beloved, and Kate, the raven-haired girl latching on to him like the leech Carlea saw her as. 

'What right does she have?' an enraged voice demanded to know in her mind. 'It's... It's so wrong to look at! I can't stand this!'

Without an explanation as to why, Carlea bolted out of the recliner and stormed out of the room, heading for the guest bedroom she had been so graciously provided with. Something akin to darkness was brewing in her chest, in her heart, making the organ beat faster and with more vigor.

"I'll show them I'm not someone they can just brush off," Carlea vowed as she sat on the large, comfortable bed and crushed a pillow to her chest. "Gilbert is mine."

~

"That... was the coolest thing I've ever done," Canada was saying to his enthralled-- not to mention slightly envious --older brother.

"You're so lucky, dude! The world I went to was just lame," America complained. "Nothing interesting at all! It was even kind of spooky," he added with a shiver for dramatic effect.

"I was almost killed, though," Canada reminded him. "How is that better, eh?"

"It just is," was America's answer.

"Come on, don't dawdle, you two!" Kadi called down the hallway to catch the pair's attention. "You don't want to get left behind in this house! You might never come out of it alive~!"

Now, with the fact that magic was saturated within this household so permanently, the thought of actually making it out of the mansion dead was utterly possible. That got Canada and America to join the rest of the group as quickly as their legs could carry them.

"It's getting kind of late, we should go back soon," Kadi announced to everyone. "But we made a good start in the search, too."

She took back the bracelets and stowed them all away for safekeeping before directing the congregation back toward the way to the front door. "You guys think you can keep searching?"

A few quiet nods, a couple of yesses, and one outright "Hell yeah!" confirmed the answer of agreement she had been hoping for. Kadi smiled, tightening her long, silver ponytail with both hands absentmindedly. She was making plans in her mind-- yes, very good plans. She herself would search the more dangerous realms, the ones with outcomes that would scar the other nations for eons to come.

Such as if Hitler had won World War Two.

Or if the south had won the American Civil War.

And what if Napoleon Bonaparte had actually taken over and retained dictatorship much of Europe in his campaign to rule the continent? What would have happened to the countries then?

No, Serafina would not let them see that unnecessarily. The mental trauma would be too great, too overbearing, for many of them to continue with the search. So many questions would be begging for answers, answers Sera could not give so freely.