Chapter 149~!

"Mmmm..." I groaned, drifting to my left as I trudged along the path to Yao's jet. It was very early in the morning of February 14th, but with the long plane ride across the international date line pending, I would have to get up very early to make sure I had the entire day to spend with my family.

Yong Soo caught my shoulders and kept me walking straight, which I was about to thank him for until he reached around and made a pass for my breasts. I smacked his hands roughly and straightened, a bit more awake then.

"Come on, Alice," Xiao Mei said, grabbing my arm and guiding my sleepy self up the steps and into the cabin. "You can sleep in here until we get there."

~

"We're almost there, Alice," Leon reported when he came into the little sleeping area that had been cordoned off for me. I lifted my head from a travel pillow and blinked wearily at him.

"We are?"

"Yes. It's time for you to get up now." He let the curtain fall back and I sat up, fully clothed, and slipped my shoes back on.

Now, don't get me wrong. I was excited for my birthday, as well as the Winter Olympics that were so close, but at the moment I was dead on my feet. All the training we'd done yesterday to partially make up for lost time had been very draining.

At least I was going to see Matthew and all my kids again. That was what made it all worth it.

The plane touched down, the six of us disembarked (though I had no idea why they all decided to come with me), and I hugged everyone goodbye when the car pulled up to the curb at this early hour. Going back across the date line had been like turning back the hands of the clock, so I was in for a very long day.

"Happy birthday, aru," China said as we pulled apart. He had been the last one for me to hug, and therefore I stepped closer to the car.

"Thanks," I said, sliding. "I'll see you guys at ten."

Then I shut the door, and the driver took off.

Time to reunite with my family!

~

'Oh, man is it early' I thought as I walked up to my front door and pulled out my key. I had an idea to go in, sneak into my bedroom, and climb into the bed and snuggle up next to Matthew. If he woke up, which he probably would, he would be delighted to see me after so long.

 My key turned in the lock and I pushed open the door, smiling at the familiar sight of the entryway. Just past it was the family room, and to my right was a hallway where the master bedroom awaited me.

Of course, I had to suppress a yelp of surprise the instant I stepped out of the foyer. A giant garden hose was sneaking toward me--!

"Oh, hi, Vidya," I gasped, putting a hand to my chest.

"Why're you home so early?" the talking snake asked incredulously in a whisper. "It's six in the morning!"

"I wanted to get home so I could have as much time as possible with you all," I explained, getting down on one knee while she rose a little to make eye contact. "I didn't want to miss any part of today."

"Is that because you're still not done with training?" Vidya asked. I nodded, and she glanced pointedly at my arms and legs. "You look more muscular."

"I guess I am," I chuckled, flexing an arm. There were definitely muscles that hadn't really been there before. "But the training won't take too much longer, I think. I'm doing really well so far."

"Good. Tael misses you when you're not around," she stated.

One corner of my mouth pulled back in a sad half-smile. "I know. I miss you all, too." A yawn interrupted me, reminding me that I was still tired. "Okay, I'm gonna go crawl into bed now."