Chapter 134~!

Ow...

Ow, ow...

Stop sledgehammering my skull in! I don't like it!

"Alice, there's no sledgehammer. Open your eyes," a soft and inviting voice said to me.

Wait, it's true. I have eyes. A face. A body with all the correct limbs. Wow... that was an incredible pain if it made me forget everything about myself for... however long I was out.

The sunlight in my face hurt my eyes when I cracked one open, then the other, and I coughed multiple times into denim. Denim? Oh, my head was in someone's lap.

"Hey there, l'amour," that familiar voice said again, and I risked turning my head to look up at him. Blond hair, indigo eyes behind round glasses, and a looped ahoge. "Do you remember me now?"

"... Mattie?" I asked breathily, and that made his smile widen. "What's...?"

"Going on?" he finished for me. "Well... That's a long story."

"Is she up?" Kadi asked as she bent over an unconscious version of... me? What in the world?

"What's the last thing you can remember?" my husband asked after confirming to Kadi that I was indeed awake.

It hurt to think back on it, but I actually could remember everything up until I blacked out. "Ngh... E-Everything..."

"Okay, that's good," he assured me. "Can you sit up?"

I tried; there wasn't any strength in my arms, and the simple movement made my head spin in every direction at once. 'Don't throw up, don't throw up!'

"Don't move for a while, Melina," Kadi said. "The spell blocking your memories was powerful. You're gonna feel sick for a really long time."

I groaned and fell limp, shutting my eyes. Yes, I was in a wedding dress and lying down in the middle of the aisle. And yes, all the guests and the groom and everyone else was asleep. Except for the three of us, it was a silent ghost town.

Something felt new, though. I glanced down at my wrist and saw a leather bracelet strapped to it. "What's this?"

"We're in a different dimension, so we're supposed to wear these so we don't get stuck here," Canada explained. "I put it on you while you were asleep."

"... Oh," was all I could say.

Despite the pounding headache behind my eyes, there was something that just wouldn't stop bugging me. Something I did...

Wait.

No.

No, no, no, no!

I shot up into a sitting position, powering through the pain like it wasn't even there. I surprised Matthew and he gave out a little yelp before trying to get me to lay back down.

"Alice, what--?"

"No, no," I mumbled, clapping a hand over my mouth as my green eyes widened impossibly. "No... No, no..."

"Alice, what is it?" Canada asked urgently, putting his hands on my shoulders. I couldn't help but flinch and bend forward out of his grip.

"It's... Uhh..." I stammered, tears welling up in my eyes. "I'm so sorry..."

"Sorry? Why do you have to be sorry, eh?" he inquired. "It's not your fault you were sent here."

"No, n-no, that's... not it," I answered without looking at him. "I..."