Chapter 154~!

Wow... This story is long! Longer than its predecessor, that's for sure. Are you excited?

----------------------------------------

"Kadi?" I asked into the microphone of my cell phone. "What is it? Wait... Don't tell me--!"

"No, no, it's not time for that yet," she assured me quickly. "I just... had a thought. There's a play tonight, down in Ashland. Did you know about it?"

Ashland, Oregon, is a city made famous by their spectacular theater program. In truth, the plays the city put out were the its main source of revenue, and it would go under if they didn't have those. "I didn't know. Then again, I haven't really had the chance to check into play schedules lately."

"Yeah... Well, there's a Shakespeare play called Taming of the Shrew, and I reserved a bunch of tickets for us. We should invite some of the other nations to it," Kadi suggested brightly.

"That sounds like fun," I said with a smile. "Let me ask what Mattie thinks."

I turned to him, one hand covering the mic of my phone, and asked him what he thought about seeing a play that night. He smiled and nodded, thinking that it sounded good to him.

"Sounds like we're all for it. I guess we'll have to teleport there to make it in time, though," I added with a glance at my phone's time: 1:16 P.M.

"You can manage it. I'll round up the other countries and we'll meet you at that place." I could literally hear her grin through the connection, and I mirrored it.

"Oh, that place in Ashland?" I echoed.

"That's the one. Alright, I'll see you at... eh, let's say five o' clock. That should give us enough time to get our food before the play starts at seven."

I agreed, bade her farewell, and hung up. "Looks like we have plans for this evening," I said to Matthew.

"Ashland? How long has it been since we've been there?" he asked, linking one of his hands with one of mine.

"Far too long," I admitted, leaning up to kiss him on the lips.

Ah, yes. Where were we? We were waiting for Tatiana and Milo to get out of the bathroom at the movie theater. They'd been eager to see a film that had recently come out, so we all went as a group and enjoyed it. Well, I might have been paying more attention to Matthew than the movie, which was to be expected. He sure didn't mind if I was distracting him, anyway.

"Which play are we seeing?" he asked when we broke apart.

"Taming of the Shrew," I answered. "Should we dress up kinda nicely, you think?"

"That seems appropriate, eh?"

"What are we going to do?" Tael asked as he sidled up and looked at us imploringly. Evan was not far behind.

"We're going to see a play," I said brightly, but he didn't look exactly sure what that meant. 'Oh, right. He probably doesn't know what that means.'

"What I mean is it's like a movie, but instead of watching a screen you're watching people perform right in front of you, on a stage," I explained. "And it's really cool."

"Yay~" Evan cheered in his own quiet way, and Tael's eyes lit up.

"Can Vidya come, too?" he asked excitedly. "If we shrunk her like we did before?"

"Sure!" I replied. "We can't leave her out of these things."

Tael rubbed at one eye with his hand and grumbled at the stray scales that stuck to his cheek. I couldn't help but notice, and I let go of Matthew's hand so I could crouch down to his level and take a closer look.