Chapter 114~!

"Definitely not right," Canada decided when he saw a version of Alice sitting against a wall and smoking a cigarette beside this dimension's version of Denmark. She wore a lot of black and leather, which wasn't completely unheard of for Canada's wife when she got the urge to dress differently, but still. This version was too rugged and street-wise, almost, to be the one he was looking for.

With a sigh, Canada turned on his heel and made his way back in the direction he had come from. 'I hope some of the other parties are having better luck than I am...'

'At least I haven't turned into anything for a while' he added with a half-hearted chuckle that was almost inaudible. Almost nonexistent.

~~

"Are you ready, ma cheri?" Francis asked, adopting a slight French accent when he spoke the foreign language.

I jumped at the sound. It was so familiar! "Do you do that often?" I asked, and not for the first time today.

"Speak in a French accent? Only for work, and other occasions," he replied with a smile that made me feel like he was hinting at something I didn't really want to know about. "The remnant sound of the language of love attracts customers for the grace and charm."

"Will I have to do that?" I asked unsurely. Did I even know how to imitate an accent? I couldn't remember ever trying to before...

"Non, you do not 'ave to," was his answer as he checked the clock on the wall. "Almost time to open zhe doors, ma cheri. Are you ready?"

"I dunno," I replied, biting my lower lip nervously.

"You are," Francis promised me. "Just remember everyzhing I taught you, and you will do wonderfully!"

A small smile broke out across my face. "Okay. Yeah, I think I can do this."

"I know you can," my employer and friend said while flipping the "We're Open~!" sign around to proclaim that we were open for business with the hordes of customers.

Bring it! I'm ready for you all!

~~

"Stay here for a moment, please," Tino, or this brainwashed and soulless version of him, said to Wisp as he led her out of the corridor and into what looked like a throne room of sorts. Three seats of honor stood regally at the far end of the room, empty yet dignified in their own rights.

"What, here?" Willow asked as they approached the thrones by going up the center of the room, treading on the red carpet that led right up to them.

"The Kings will be here shortly to see you." On that note, he left! No supervision, no one to stop her from trying to escape!

"What in the world...?" Willow breathed before running to a wall and patting it, looking for a hidden door of some sort or maybe a window behind the black, silken draperies that blanketed every square inch of each wall leading up to the thrones. "Come on, come on...!"

Maybe the lamps would work as a weapon? Willow reached for one that protruded from between a part in the drapes. Between those light fixtures and the sky lights above, light came into the room weakly, in an almost sickly manner. Her shackles rattled and shook as she whirled around and ran to the opposite side of the long, almost hallway-like room to try the other wall. Again, nothing presented itself in a way that might let her escape.

'Damn! What is going on here?'

"Excuse me, but are you done with that foolish hope yet?"

Wisp whirled to stare down the long corridor. More specifically, she stared at the three once-empty thrones that now each had a person residing in them. The longer she looked, the wider her eyes got until it seemed like they could pop out of their sockets and roll around on the floor.