Chapter 121~!

Rayn's POV~

Judging by when they gave me my meals, it had been almost a day and a half since my interrogation. And I was still in this hellhole of a solitary confinement cell. The bracelet hadn't taken me home yet. I was seriously starting to think it wouldn't work.

Of course, there was no way I'd know if it was broken or not. I mean, other than the obvious malfunction, it was just a leather-like, dark brown bracelet. As I stared at it and glared, I felt the sudden and irresistible urge to throw the stupid thing across the room and just let it lie there on the floor.

I didn't, of course. If I had, it might have left without me. Though, that idea was looking more and more unlikely by the hour.

'Damn this all to hell!'

For the fortieth time that day, I tugged on the bracelet angrily and felt like gnashing my teeth like a ravenous wolf. This was infuriating! Sure, I had been used to being by myself when I was younger, even right before I had become a teacher at Gakuen Academy, but now... I had a husband and two children. I had fifty siblings-in-law and basically all the other nations as friends. I shouldn't have to be alone anymore.

Solitary confinement shouldn't have affected me so much. But it did.

I wasn't going to stand for it.

Apparently my angsty thoughts had been heard by some higher power. Not long after, the door opened and a guard I didn't recognize appeared.

"Come on, you've been given some time in the yard," he stated boredly. I stood up from the edge of the bed and followed him, letting him slap on the cuffs for the walk to the courtyard.

And man, how good it felt to breathe some real air. The cuffs came off and I walked through the tall chain link, fenced-in area that was designated for us prisoners' "enjoyment". A bunch of other inmates were milling around, some idly shooting hoops with each other or glaring down anyone else who was unfortunate to approach them.

My dyed blue hair was definitely a beacon to attract attention to me. More than one pair of eyes turned to find me. My answer was a hot glare right back at them all.

'Weird. I see dudes and chicks around here. A co-ed prison?' My cerulean eyes widened in horror. 'Did I just think the words 'dude' and 'chick'? Oh my deity, my husband is rubbing off on me!'

Absentmindedly rubbing my wrists as I walked, I made my way over to a section of the fence and leaned against it a bit boredly. When that didn't cut it, I pushed off of it and strolled through the yard without any real aim. Someone was bound to approach me, but then again I was going to be ready for anything they might want to start. Say, a fight.

Mmmm... A fight actually sounded really good to me right now. Anything to loosen up my stiff joints and help me cut loose.

Alright, I'll be honest. I hadn't felt like I'd really been able to let it all go at least since Louvel was born. I could really use some real adrenaline and excitement-- no, I needed some.

"Hmmm..." I hummed, glancing around myself. No one was looking for a fight.

Not yet.

Footsteps sounded from behind me. I whirled around at the very last minute, fixing my best death glare on whoever it was.

'Whoa' is what I was thinking.

'Fuck you, buddy' is what my face and posture relayed.

It was my husband. Not my husband, but my husband anyway. Alfred F. Jones, in the flesh.