Chapter 120~!

Wow, we're getting really far in this story already. So much to do before the end... I might actually make it to another hundred chapters this time!

Ha! Psych. But it might be longer than What is Home, which is a feat in itself. :)

What do you think so far?

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ready to go!" I said in a tone that was akin to a chirp. I was clad in a somewhat form-fitting black dress that was just perfect for me. Very elegant, to compliment my willowy figure, as well as regal and tasteful.

Prussia smiled at me and took my hand, leading me down the stairs and to the street, where his car was waiting for us.

"Now, I would have picked you up like a real gentleman should--" Gil started to say, but I cut him off with a grin and a finger against his lips.

"Kind of hard when I'm in the other room," I said, giggling before buckling up like any good law abiding citizen should.

"Where are we going?" I asked after he'd started the car up and pulled away from the curb. Why did it take so long for me to realize I didn't know where we were going?

Prussia's grin was characteristically  mischievous, and he didn't answer right away. I was about to ask again, this time more playfully, when I realized something else.

'... Prussia...?'

"Gil, did I go to your history class sometimes?" I asked, my hands kind of frozen in space as I tried to understand what I had just thought.

"Yup. Come to think of it, you should stop by one of these days," was his reply.

"Do you talk about Prussia often?"

He nearly sprayed saliva all over the dashboard. "You remember Prussia?"

"Uh... I think so...?" I said uncertainly. "The name just kind of popped up in my head when I was thinking about you."

"I have a Prussian flag hanging on the wall behind my desk, for one thing," he began to explain excitedly. "And that's because the flag is just fucking awesome. Don't ask me why, I just love it. And I make sure to really make the lessons about that time period super interesting so the students always remember what Prussia was.

"Just think! That empire was there when I was alive, and it fell when I was just a baby. You weren't even born yet, but still kinda close. None of my students were alive when that happened, but most of them were so close. The idea that an empire fell in my lifetime is just... awesome."

'Wow, he's really passionate about this' I stated, though it was fairly obvious at this point.  

'And it makes sense why I would associate him with Prussia. Though why I thought of him as that place is really bizarre... People aren't places, Carlea. Come on.'

~~

As Rayn's mind slowly began to reboot itself, her senses came back one by one. First was touch: she was suddenly aware that although she wasn't hurt, something did feel off about her. Was it her clothing? Were they different all of a sudden?

There was also the fact that the ground under her wasn't exactly ground, but it wasn't comfortable either. Something was digging into her ribs...

Second came hearing: A few voices, slightly familiar if she really tried to ponder over who they belonged to, wafted on the stale air to reach her ears. One was definitely British... Was England nearby? Whoever they were, they sounded kind of scared.