Chapter 113~!

Willow jumped as the huge, heavy doors were shut with a resounding BOOM. Seth tried to get to her, this time just dropping behind the crowd and then skirting the edge until he was close. Wisp reached out for him and was able to grab a hand, their shackle chains touching and ringing softly.

"It'll be okay," Nevada told her as she leaned into his side as they walked on down the hall.

Alright, the hall. It was tall, arched at the top, made of dark grey stone almost entirely, and gave off feelings of claustrophobia through every pore and crevice of rock. Columns lined each side, spaced twenty yards or so apart from each other. Without windows, it looked like a tunnel. A long, endless, dim one.

Wisp gave her surroundings a scrutinizing once-over. 'The stone is to damper magic, and no windows to give anyone hope for escape or a sense of relief. Whoever designed this hallway was definitely keeping magical prisoners in mind.'

Seth stumbled and Willow's grip on his hand kept him from falling on his face. From that point on, they didn't let go of each other-- not that they had been planning on doing so anyway.

Although, it was all too likely that fate was going to separate them eventually. And that's just what happened.

"Come this way," one of the Order members said (she hadn't figured out who it was, and without an identifying accent it was difficult), grabbing the arm that didn't touch Seth's torso. "Now."

"What? No!" Wisp protested, but Nevada silenced her with a quick squeeze to the hand.

"Just do as they want," he advised as they were torn apart by the soulless man's orders. "Poker face, Wisp!"

As she was led away, the man's hand threateningly on her shoulder blade, Willow turned a little to cast him a "Help me, please" look that made Seth's heart sink.

'I can't. Not right now, anyway.'

"Where are we going?" Willow asked, holding her hands close to her chest so her manacles didn't feel quite so heavy. The answer she received was a push to walk faster.

'That didn't work' she thought with a frown. 'What can I do? I don't like this corridor, it's even worse than the last one.'

Yes, the Order member had guided her into a different hallway, this one being shorter in height and definitely more claustrophobia-inducing than the previous one. Of course, it was just as long, if not longer. Oh, the joy...

'I was separated from the others... There's gotta be a reason why' Wisp deduced. 'No one else was brought this way, as far as I can tell.'

She tried to look back again to see if anyone was following her and her guard, but there was no one in sight (which was limited by the lack of proper lighting). Then again, their footsteps would have echoed just as much as hers were doing at the moment. It was like a terribly doomy march rhythm being tapped out by her life.

Doom, doom, doom, doom... 

'Stop thinking like that! Even if it is really poetic...' Willow almost relented. 'No, no, I said to stop thinking like that! Dammit! I should just break out of these chains and make a run for it...'

'No, Seth would still be trapped, and I have no idea where I am in this castle' Willow thought. 'I couldn't leave him behind, even if we'd get pulled back to the same place eventually... How much time is left before then, anyway? I should have set a timer... Except I don't have a watch, damn. Ahhh, fuck fuck fuck. I just want a chai tea right now, no more adventure for at least the afternoon. Wonder what Seth would like to do when we get away?'

And that's how Willow passed the time on the walk to... wherever she was going. The resemblance between sisters is quite remarkable sometimes, no?

~~