Chapter 150~!

London, February 14th~

"I love the casual days," David commented as he looked down at his graphic-print T-shirt. "Why can't we have more of them?"

Chris shrugged, his arms folded over his chest. "Beats me. I do like not having to tie a tie every single day."

They had about ten minutes before classes were to start, and they were waiting for Aila like they always did by that time. It was just a routine, and they didn't want to leave her out of things. The trio were friends now, after all!

"H-Hi!" Aila called with a wave as she approached where they leaned against a wall. "Soory I'm late, we woke up later than usual." (A/N: That "Soory" wasn't a typo XD)

The two boys smiled at her, but the smiles dropped into confusion when their brains registered her appearance. "You look like... a girl!" David pointed out with utter bewilderment.

"I'm going to pretend you never said that," Aila replied, putting a protective hand up to her blue streaks. Her hair had been curled ever so slightly, and her outfit was one a person would most likely see in summer rather than the middle of February: a flowery skirt, a nice blue blouse, and even a little bit of makeup!

"What's with the outfit?" Chris asked.

"Mom decided to dress me up since it's Valentine's Day," Aila answered. "And speaking of which, I have stuff for you guys."

Both boys perked up as she rummaged in her bag for a moment before drawing out two separate little boxes. Each one was addressed to David and Chris, respectively, and she gave them the correct ones. "Happy Valetine's Day!"

"Aw, we didn't get you anything," David commented as he opened the box and looked in at all the chocolates inside. "This is nice!"

"Don't worry aboot it," Aila replied with a slightly evil grin. "You can just each get me something just as nice on White Day."

"White Day?" David repeated.

"It's when the guys give something to the girls who gave them gifts on Valentine's Day," Christian jumped in. "It's a Japanese thing."

"Ah. How'd you know that?" David asked, pushing a chocolate into his cheek so he could talk. Aila couldn't help but faintly smiling at her two friends.

"I just like Japanese culture," Chris answered nonchalantly, popping a candy into his mouth. It was good! He told Aila so, too.

"Thanks, I'm glad you like them," she said with a sweet smile. "Ready to go to class, eh?"

David and Christian stuffed their boxes into their bags and the three scurried off in their separate directions: David to Math, and Christian and Aila to Language Arts.

Now, Aila was an exemplary student when it came to Language Arts and English, so she managed to snatch little snippets of time in which to doodle in her notebook. Chris was the same way, though he focused on the novel in his hand instead. But about halfway through the period, he glanced over at Aila because he had noticed she was taking little peeks at him every half a minute or so.

"What're you doing?" he asked in a whisper, leaning across the aisle a teeny bit.

Aila lifted the edge of her sketchbook so he couldn't see what she was drawing. "No, you can't look yet," she whispered right back at him.

Chris frowned in disappointment and went back to his book, but he kept trying to snatch little glimpses of what was being inscribed on those off-white drawing pages. He was rarely successful, however.

~

"You know what?" David asked later, between first and second period.

"What?" Christian asked, and Aila looked at his expectantly.