Chapter 123~!

RECAP:

What I saw in that library was...

----------------

... nothing especially extravagant. I don't know, maybe I was expecting rose petals to waft toward me as soon as I pushed the door open.

The library wasn't unlike most others. Bookshelves, lots of them, and tomes of all sorts filling them, came into view. I stepped inside and let the door swing shut behind me. Alright, so... what to do.

What.

To.

Doooo...

"I'm bored," I announced to myself, folding my arms over my chest. I strolled over to the nearest shelf, passing by the main desk in the process. I didn't spare the guy sitting there a glance, though.

Not much of a glance, anyway.

But for some reason, when I was surrounded by all those books (many of those were textbooks and reference books, mind you), that fleeting glance of the person at the desk made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Did he... look familiar in some odd way?

I turned on a heel and walked to the end of the aisle to peek around the wooden frame. The large book he was reading was blocking most of his face from view, but from what I could see he had light blond hair. Maybe glasses, too, but it was still too hard to see.

'Weird... I get the feeling I know him from somewhere...'

"Huh," I mumbled, going back to browsing what was around the library. It wasn't super dusty in that place, thankfully, but I did sneeze once when I pulled down an especially old-looking book down from a shelf and leafed through it.

'Bored~ Bored~ Bored~ Good thing I don't have a gun, otherwise I'd be shooting at walls~' "What is that a reference too~?

"Damn, I can't remember," I laughed, closing the book and putting it back where I'd found it. Another one was in my hands an instant later; it was an atlas book!

"Uhm, excuse me," a somewhat quiet voice said to get my attention. I jumped and would have dropped the atlas if I hadn't caught it and hugged it to my chest.

"S-Sorry," he apologized quickly. "I just wanted to let you know that if you needed any help finding anything, just let me know. Okay?"

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, thanks for that."

"Is everything okay here, then?"

I looked around myself quickly, then back at his face. For some reason, I couldn't exactly find my tongue anymore. All I could do was nod.

"Okay. I'll be at my desk, then," he told me before leaving  me to continue with what I was doing.

"What... in the world...?" I gasped under my breath, holding a hand against the book over where my heart thudded madly in my chest. 'He scared me. That's why I've got an adrenaline rush.'

'He really did look familiar. Like, incredibly so! But he didn't seem like he recognized me at all, so it's probably just my imagination running wild again. Like with those dreams I had about that freaky maze.'

When I looked down at the atlas I was still clutching to my chest, something about the page struck a chord with me.

It was a detailed political map of Canada.

~~

"England!" America called as he burst into the meeting room and ran up to his former caretaker. "I figured out why I have my super strength!"